Favorite lightweight AR stock

890B0F0D-3069-4B54-B3C2-C83ACE8FBC3E.1647025136.jpeg

i’m finding this stock to be a bit clunky on the HP max. I like how it’s easily adjustable though. Do any of you have a favorite very lightweight alternative that I could swap this out for. This is my first AR stock… not sure where the standard replaceable part begins and the AEA parts end. Is the hinge mechanism itself also part of a standard AR set up, or is that hinge an AEA part?

thanks in advance for your thoughts. 

One thing to consider in a stock is having the ability to mount a cheek riser if you have high scope rings. The Magpul CTR or MOE stock is a safe bet. You can order separate cheek risers in .25", .50", and .75" height to suit your needs for a comfortable cheek weld. What I also look for in a stock is if they come with QD sling cups. It just makes it easier to attach a sling. 

MAG325-BLK-2__44858.1404847437.1647040432.jpg

i’m finding this stock to be a bit clunky on the HP max. I like how it’s easily adjustable though. Do any of you have a favorite very lightweight alternative that I could swap this out for. This is my first AR stock… not sure where the standard replaceable part begins and the AEA parts end. Is the hinge mechanism itself also part of a standard AR set up, or is that hinge an AEA part?

What do you mean clunky? Does it have play and wiggle? If so just add a little electric tape to snug it up.

What do you mean clunky? Does it have play and wiggle? If so just add a little electric tape to snug it up.

It feels like more plastic and metal than is needed for the airgun, adds a fair amount of weight, swings heavily and so on. If this is among the lightest I will just live with it but I would love to have something skeletonized, very lightweight. Thank you