Favorite hunting optics? Weaver Tactical FFP and Hawke Frontier FFP

I've hunted and competed with many scopes, including Hawke (Sidewinder and Frontier), Weaver (Tactical and Grand Slam), SWFA, Bushnell (Elite Tactical and Banner), Aeon, Athlon Argos BTR, Bausch & Lomb, UTG, Sightmark, Tasco, Cabela's Covington, Gamo, Swarovski, Leapers, Optisan, Sniper, Burris and others. My favorites (by far) for hunting and NRL22-style competitions are the Weaver Tactical Rifle Scope, 3-15X50mm FFP EMDR Reticle and the Hawke Frontier 30 FFP 5-25x56, Mil Pro Reticle. Why? Both are first focal plane and have extremely distinct, clean, repeatable turret clicks. Both have great AO, coatings, glass, and one-piece aluminum bodies. Both have lift and turn style reticles, with rotation bars. Both can reset to zero. The Weaver has an integrated IR and AO, which means you can attach a camera easily--unlike the Hawke, which has an IR knob in the way. The Weaver has a zero reset on the turret, that allows you to reset to zero without the use of tools. IT'S SIMPLY THE BEST TURRET I'VE EVER USED! The Hawke Frontier is a very close second. The Hawke comes with extras, such as a sunshade, caps, power throw lever, etc. The Weaver is made in Japan. The Hawke is made in China (and is an incredible example of the great optics China produces). For under a $1,000, these are incredible scopes! What's your favorite, and why?

Yeah, Steven, your two favorite scopes most likely have side parallax — where you adjust the parallax (or "focus") by dialing a side turret... —

...instead of the cheaper scopes that come with an AO — adjustable objective — where you adjust the parallax by turning the objective lens.

I prefer the side parallax, too. 👍🏼😊 

That the numbers an the parallax adjuster match up with real distances is pretty rare, it seems, but a paper strip with the actual distances, protected by scotch tape gets you there easily.

Matthias