• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Favorite CO2 Blowback Pellet Pistol?

I can give the SA 1911 Mil-Spec an unqualified recommendation. Amazing replication and just hella fun to shoot.

1678969554558.jpeg

This Cybergun Tanfoglio Gold is by far my favorite. Ha, I only paid $60 brand new including shipping for mine around 6 years ago. It's darn good in every way considering what it is. A bunch of friends bought them and we'd compete on steel plate racks, cans, etc.
The trigger is nice too.
I also bought a $27 red dot sight for it which works decently.
First thing we found out is to loctite the 4 scope mount screws because they'll rattle loose, and be careful not to over tighten them.
It's a riot seeing how fast we can go. A few times at 7 yards I was able to get all 6 pop cans knocked off the saw horse in under 2 seconds!!! :D

I dug mine out a few months ago and it still works perfectly.

Reactions: museguy
This Cybergun Tanfoglio Gold is by far my favorite. Ha, I only paid $60 brand new including shipping for mine around 6 years ago. It's darn good in every way considering what it is. A bunch of friends bought them and we'd compete on steel plate racks, cans, etc.
The trigger is nice too.
I also bought a $27 red dot sight for it which works decently.
First thing we found out is to loctite the 4 scope mount screws because they'll rattle loose, and be careful not to over tighten them.
It's a riot seeing how fast we can go. A few times at 7 yards I was able to get all 6 pop cans knocked off the saw horse in under 2 seconds!!! :D

I dug mine out a few months ago and it still works perfectly.

Thank you @steve123 !

Reactions: steve123
Are any of the blowback CO2 pellet pistols worth getting?
I've got quite a few of these, and enjoy them quite a bit. I have the SIG Sauer We The People 1911 on my desk right this second. That design is the same as the aforementioned Tagfolio as the same magazines fit it. That is probably my most accurate BB slinger in a pistol, and it feels good, and is fun to shoot. It only gets about 2 1/2 mags per Powerlette. I have two of the SIG Sauer M17 along with a bunch of extra magazines and a couple extra clips. This one is really fun to shoot, pretty accurate, and both this and the 1911 break down really easily. Finally, one that I always pull out when friends come over because it is a "blast" is the Beretta 92A1 full-auto BB slinger. That one isn't accurate at all, and actually has a "hop up" like a air-soft pistol, and I think that this makes it worse. All this said, I put a laser sight on it to help with this issue, and only shoot it at about 25 feet as it isn't much fun farther than that. Finally, it isn't a pistol, but I have the Crosman DPMS that also has a "happy switch" to go full auto and has blow-back action. This one is a lot more accurate. I've got a number more that are revolvers, and non-blow-back, but you didn't ask about those.

Anyway, I hope that this helps your decision. Happy shooting!

Jonathan

I've got quite a few of these, and enjoy them quite a bit. I have the SIG Sauer We The People 1911 on my desk right this second. That design is the same as the aforementioned Tagfolio as the same magazines fit it. That is probably my most accurate BB slinger in a pistol, and it feels good, and is fun to shoot. It only gets about 2 1/2 mags per Powerlette. I have two of the SIG Sauer M17 along with a bunch of extra magazines and a couple extra clips. This one is really fun to shoot, pretty accurate, and both this and the 1911 break down really easily. Finally, one that I always pull out when friends come over because it is a "blast" is the Beretta 92A1 full-auto BB slinger. That one isn't accurate at all, and actually has a "hop up" like a air-soft pistol, and I think that this makes it worse. All this said, I put a laser sight on it to help with this issue, and only shoot it at about 25 feet as it isn't much fun farther than that. Finally, it isn't a pistol, but I have the Crosman DPMS that also has a "happy switch" to go full auto and has blow-back action. This one is a lot more accurate. I've got a number more that are revolvers, and non-blow-back, but you didn't ask about those.

Anyway, I hope that this helps your decision. Happy shooting!

Jonathan
Thank you, Jonathan @SkeeterHawk!
Lots of good information. Do you own the SIG Sauer 226 ? Curious how it compares to the SIG Sauer We The People 1911 and SIG Sauer M17.

I have a couple of full auto airsoft pistols, which are loads of fun; they make a mess but are loads of fun.

Cheers, -Mark

Thaank you @Snake45 @steve123 @SkeeterHawk

So far, the Springfield Armory 1911 Mil-Spec BB and Beretta 92A1 full-auto BB look the most interesting to me; the Air Gun Depot Umarex Beretta M92A1 Full Auto CO2 Air Pistol is too fun.

BB
  1. Springfield Armory 1911 Mil-Spec ($119)
  2. Beretta 92A1 full-auto (full auto BB $162)
  3. Cybergun Tanfoglio Gold (so far unable to find for sale)(barrel tilt?)
  4. SIG Sauer M17 ($159)
  5. SIG Sauer We The People 1911 ($139)
  6. Crosman DPMS (full auto BB rifle $221)
No blowback pellet recommendations yet.

Last edited:
MG,

The SA 1911 Mil-Spec and Sig We the People are basically the same gun, just different cosmetics. There are other branded 1911s based on the same basic gun, too. Take a look at the Colt Commander:

The Crosman R1 is the same basic gun as the Crosman DPMS. Here it is for $160, a substantial saving. I have one. It works great and is a buttload of fun.

How is the shot count on that with the blowback? I eat enough co2 as it is :ROFLMAO:
That one does a lot better than my WTP 1911. I get a solid three mags on that one. The fourth is iffy, but three mags in the M17 is 60 shots, and that is a good bit of enjoyment on a powerlette. The ONLY thing that is a "drawback" about the M17 is that the slide doesn't lock back when the mag is empty like the BB slingers do. You can tell from the sound, or you can count...which sucks. Anyway, I thought I'd mention that one tiny negative facet of this otherwise, really awesome gun.

That one does a lot better than my WTP 1911. I get a solid three mags on that one. The fourth is iffy, but three mags in the M17 is 60 shots, and that is a good bit of enjoyment on a powerlette. The ONLY thing that is a "drawback" about the M17 is that the slide doesn't lock back when the mag is empty like the BB slingers do. You can tell from the sound, or you can count...which sucks. Anyway, I thought I'd mention that one tiny negative facet of this otherwise, really awesome gun.
That’s really a small caveat, 60 shots is great! Another one for the list lol

Hi All,
Thank you all for sharing your knowledge!
I just ordered the SIG Saurer 365, and thought that was a good way to get started.

Next will order a 1911 or a 9mm. Will also order a holster for the SIG 365.

Any recommendations between the
  • KWC 1911 (BB)
  • SIG 226 (Pellet)
  • 1911 Emperor Scorpion Black (BB)
Cheers

Shortlist for 1911 or 9mm
  • KWC Swiss Arms 1911
  • KWC Springfield Armory 1911 Mil-Spec
  • SIG 226 (Pellet)
  • 1911 Emperor Scorpion Black (BB)
  • Plus Fobus holster
  • Burris Red Dot