• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Favorite Accurate Dependable High Shot Count .22

I find myself daydreaming about the AGT Uragan 2 with a 600mm barrel in a carbon fiber stock and it is definitely on my radar… but before I commit to spending $2k I figure I would be wise to ask opinions from my fellow airgun enthusiast.
In my case it will be used primarily in my backyard for a combination of plinking and target shooting with a maximum available range that can potentially exceed 100 yards
What would be your personal top pick recommendation for a quality high shot count accurate dependable .22?

Reactions: Ctkny
This is an easy one. I have owned many PCP rifles and only one has survived and it is my pick out of the sea of products.
My Mark 2 .22 Crown. Wonderful rifle, 72 plus shots at 904 fps with the 18.13. Laser accurate. It is light, extremely well balanced and is also great for offhand shooting.
Other rifles and or the latest new and better no longer hold any interest from me. I am not sure it is even possible to improve on the Crown. Although the Brocock HP sniper will give it a run for sure. Both exceptional rifles, however overall the Crown was my final pick.
Good luck in your search, the world is full of marketing campaigns, there is always the newest and latest, and better. I just grin and ignore them all.
Just had it all resealed, figured it was time after five years. No problems, just preventative maintenance.
Cheers
Kit

Fx crown Mk1 with solid barrel (takeoff from impact Mk1)
PSX_20230130_222752.jpg

With the large cylinder on just barely a "bullpup", while I haven't counted, it's a LONG time / many shots between fills. Accurate, easy to shoot offhand, and I assume off much of any type of rest. Doesn't "need" an addon suppressor, I like the AGT Vulcan 3, (.22).
AND...won't break the bank.

I like my AGT Uragan 1, this (Vulcan 3) is actually a little easier to shoot offhand, plus the much larger air cylinder.

1675645803686.jpeg

Mike

Usually a good idea to stick to your first choice although all the above recommendations would fill the bill in fine fashion...however since you ask what my favorite is...always recommend the Taipan Veteran...mine is over 3 years old haven't even replaced the breech oring...I shoot JSB 18.13 for full power and Crossman 14.3 domes for reduced power and higher shot count...with superb accuracy, note the posted group...10 shots with the domes @ 30 yards off my knee not benched, flyer was probably me...one 360 degree turn of the hammer spring and back at full power and the 18'
20230120_143823.jpg
20221006_174649.jpg
s do even better. Vets are renowned for how quite they are and the triggers are a dream...I couldn't print groups like that with less than stellar trigger, that's the issue I'm having with the Pro X at almost twice the price! Anyway you asked...it's the one I would grab if the house was on fire and could only take one...after I got the wife and cat out first lol...good luck and enjoy yourself!

Usually a good idea to stick to your first choice although all the above recommendations would fill the bill in fine fashion...however since you ask what my favorite is...always recommend the Taipan Veteran...mine is over 3 years old haven't even replaced the breech oring...I shoot JSB 18.13 for full power and Crossman 14.3 domes for reduced power and higher shot count...with superb accuracy, note the posted group...10 shots with the domes @ 30 yards off my knee not benched, flyer was probably me...one 360 degree turn of the hammer spring and back at full power and the 18'View attachment 330028View attachment 330029s do even better. Vets are renowned for how quite they are and the triggers are a dream...I couldn't print groups like that with less than stellar trigger, that's the issue I'm having with the Pro X at almost twice the price! Anyway you asked...it's the one I would grab if the house was on fire and could only take one...after I got the wife and cat out first lol...good luck and enjoy yourself!
The famous Taipan Veteran trigger mechanism.
20220919_122159.jpg

C84A05BA-957C-4568-BFD3-807FD8EA11A2.jpeg

Here is headbanger a MKI crown with a 380mm barrel in 22. I get 4 mags so about 72 shots until I am off the reg. Loves JSB 18’s right at 880. So far my favorite hunting rig. I do have a ghost carbine in 22, Buster, giving Headbanger a run for his money, but Buster is heavier and less shots.

Tony P