Favorite .25 Cal. Which one is yours and why?

He
The Bobcat is the same PLATFORM as the Royale in a more compact CONFIGURATION. Both second to none in pellet accuracy. Virtually maintenance free & unbelievably reliable. Rugged & robust design. Aesthetically, MEH but their beauty lies in their function, dependability & accuracy. (Front-Bobcat, Middle - Royale 500)View attachment 304376
Hey I zoomed in on your picture and spotted that tin can. Is that an improvised dialing wheel? Cool!

Reactions: Gerry52
Gun was gifted to me. It was already set up with the large elevation turret wheel for scope "clicking". Just range your target & turn the wheel to that yardage marked on the wheel. Previously owned & set up by Mike Bricker (Centercut). I use holdover/under on the other 2. The "dial-a-kill" on the Bobcat is AMAZING! There are a few Co's making those turret wheels.

My Crickets, I have an original, and a C2 tactical. Both will do sub MOA although I like the big bottled one best. I bought paintballs, because I ran out of crab apples at 50 yards.

PXL_20221008_202552613.jpg

This new player on my team is accurate, confortable to shoulder and gives a lot of shots per fill:

06505FC8-70AE-4BD2-8F08-E3FCEA6DD484.jpeg

Is very accurate with the 29 grain NSA slugs. It shoot at about 820 fps. You just need to compensate a little bit more than usual. But is accurate at long distance.

Last edited:
For a beginner? How about reliability? Is one more rugged over the other? Looking at these two for my first pcp.
Beginner? Well, it’s not like giving a corvette to a 16 year old kid as his first car. If you’re an adult and it’s your money, buy what you want, it’s not going to kill you. You can find out anything you want to know on the web, how to tune, how to fix it, clean it, swap barrels and add accessories.

Mine is as reliable as every other gun I’ve owned, well except for a Marlin 1894, that was an unreliable piece of c***. I don’t handle any of my guns roughly, don’t leave them out in the rain or drag them behind a truck. Yeah, it’s reliable, it shoots in the same place when I take it out of the safe as when I put it in.

Not sure what “other” you’re talking about. I don’t worry about my air rifles being rugged, that’s for battle rifles. :)