Favorite .25 Cal. Which one is yours and why?

My must accurate .25 Cal PCP at 90 yards is the Vulcan 2, but my favorite one is the Renegade HP because of power (66 foot pounds) and because of the electronic trigger.

The only problem with the Renegade HP is that you need to take with you a squba or a portable compressor because it only gives 25 hunting shots per fill. Solved that the Renegade HP is a dream of hunting rifle.

Last edited:
Reactions: mercado and rthor
Can't give up 22s here in SC if you want to hunt the state game lands, they don't allow 25 and larger airguns during small game season. But you can use a 25 on private property and I have. My favorite is my P35. It is less accurate than my P35-177 and P35-22 but it is accurate enough for squirrels heads and it drops them very well, even with body shots. I'm at only a little over 30 fpe with 20 grain FTTs going 870 but out of 18 squirrels only 3 were not pass throughs. Two of those were length wise shots that went into the chest and stopped under the skin behind a rear leg. Those squirrels were the only ones that ran and they did not go far. The other one that didn't exit was a shot through both shoulders. Again it stopped under the skin and the squirrel dropped immediately. I'm shooting FTTs because they are the most accurate pellet I've found for it and I think 870 fps is enough. The results seem consistent with this. I get over 50 shots per fill.

I like the P35 the best because it is only 5.2 lbs without the scope and under 30 inches long, it fits me well, it has the cocking handle in the middle and it is just fun to shoot. The fact that it knocks down squirrels with authority doesn't hurt either.

My favorite .25 is the uragan 1 .. is the first time I could say, I enjoy shooting a .25 .. I had a .25 cricket and .25 taipan veteran long..but the were designed around the 25.39g and being long guns I was expecting to shoot 34g pellets n slugs. But never got them tuned. That was before plenum were aviable... my tuned. 25 uragan is doing 950fps with 35g slugs really happy how it came out..

Last edited:
Maurader .25....867 FPS very accurate heavy but fun to shoot.

Hunting Descanso July 3 2014 002.JPG

Bobcat Mk2 .25, dead accurate on both power levels 650 & 920 with 25.39s MOA @ 100 yd with 33s @ 825. High shot count no issues with it over four years. Very easy gun to shoot accurately! My only
25 cal, I wouldn't get a .25 cal today as I just target shoot but have plenty of pellets and still shoot it from time to time...fun to shoot at 100 yards...could not have asked more of it, been a good airgun!

Reactions: SimpleGuy
My favorite .25 is the uragan 1 .. is the first time I could say, I enjoy shooting a .25 .. I had a .25 cricket and .25 taipan veteran long..but the were designed around the 25.39g and being long guns I was expecting to shoot 34g pellets n slugs. But never got them tuned. That was before plenum were aviable... my tuned. 25 uragan is doing 950fps with 35g slugs really happy how it came out..
Try the following slugs with your Uragan. My Vulcan 2 .25 Cal shoots them like a champ.

It is amazing the damage that the slugs cause in tissue. Real hunting projectiles:

Screenshot_20220918-195008.png