Father / Son team goes 1 / 2 at 100y BR Pro - RMAC 2023

IMG_6965.jpeg
IMG_6969.jpeg

Please give details of Karma PCP gun that they used.

Umair Bhaur
All I know is that it's a China Gun, nicknamed "Red Panda", Donny FL is involved, VERY heavy with Bull Barrel, and I think its .30 caliber...
And for the first-time in... forever.... FX didn't have a gun in the top 2 places...

The Karma Airguns RP or Red Panda is, in fact, all @Centercut said. Karma is a part of the DonnyFL family of companies. The rifle was built to Thayne Simmons' specifications and preferences. You'll see quite a bit of Saber Tactical in any of the photos you look at. It does have a bull barrel, and it is 30 cal. The weight in the base configuration is 17 pounds un-scoped. It is made in China to our specifications. The barrel is made in house by the manufacturer.
We are hoping for a late 2023 release. The rifles that we used at RMAC were functional prototypes that arrived about a week before we left for Utah. They were randomly assigned out to Saber Tactical team shooters who were willing to take a chance on trying something new. I shot a 219 and a 217 in competition. Crazy that in my heat that was 5th place.
We are working through the development process and working with the manufacturer on a final design.
If there are specific questions please let me know. We are compiling FAQ's and will be releasing a video to address questions.
Oh, it was amazing to watch Thayne and Val receive the recognition they so definitely deserve.

Last edited:
All I know is that it's a China Gun, nicknamed "Red Panda", Donny FL is involved, VERY heavy with Bull Barrel, and I think its .30 caliber...
And for the first-time in... forever.... FX didn't have a gun in the top 2 places...
So fx did not have a gun in the first two places and it was Karma that took it away from them. 🤔

Allen

The Karma Airguns RP or Red Panda is, in fact, all @Centercut said. Karma is a part of the DonnyFL family of companies. The rifle was built to Thayne Simmons' specifications and preferences. You'll see quite a bit of Saber Tactical in any of the photos you look at. It does have a bull barrel, and it is 30 cal. The weight in the base configuration is 17 pounds un-scoped. It is made in China to our specifications. The barrel is made in house by the manufacturer.
We are hoping for a late 2023 release. The rifles that we used at RMAC were functional prototypes that arrived about a week before we left for Utah. They were randomly assigned out to Saber Tactical team shooters who were willing to take a chance on trying something new. I shot a 219 and a 217 in competition. Crazy that in my heat that was 5th place.
We are working through the development process and working with the manufacturer on a final design.
If there are specific questions please let me know. We are compiling FAQ's and will be releasing a video to address questions.
Oh, it was amazing to watch Thayne and Val receive the recognition they so definitely deserve.
Sent you a bunch of questions (y)

What’s the barrel twist rate?

Very cool to see a new manufacturer doing so well, and congrats to the Simmons.

As are many of us, I'm quite intrigued by the gun. As I looked at those photos, it's got some features that remind me of the legendary (in field target) USFT. Primarily a long and large volume tube paralleling a long solid barrel of serious diameter. Based on how it did in competition, one can only assume that stout barrel is solidly anchored in the action, just like it is in a USFT. And there's also the mention of weight, both guns im referencing here are hefty. So, long and heavy guns with not-messing-around BARRELS. Very cool.

I'm not trying to say they copied or even took inspiration from the USFT, just interesting to see what might be a sort of parallel evolution, at least in those couple of shared features.

And the in-house machined barrels piques my interest as well!

Reactions: Dairyboy