• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Father / Son team goes 1 / 2 at 100y BR Pro - RMAC 2023

Very cool to see a new manufacturer doing so well, and congrats to the Simmons.

As are many of us, I'm quite intrigued by the gun. As I looked at those photos, it's got some features that remind me of the legendary (in field target) USFT. Primarily a long and large volume tube paralleling a long solid barrel of serious diameter. Based on how it did in competition, one can only assume that stout barrel is solidly anchored in the action, just like it is in a USFT. And there's also the mention of weight, both guns im referencing here are hefty. So, long and heavy guns with not-messing-around BARRELS. Very cool.

I'm not trying to say they copied or even took inspiration from the USFT, just interesting to see what might be a sort of parallel evolution, at least in those couple of shared features.

And the in-house machined barrels piques my interest as well!
I myself am curious how it attaches also. Threaded? Clamped like USFT or Thomas? I'd be surprised if it was just set screws.

Looks like the Dynamic Duo of Thayne and Val will be at EBR with the Karma Red Panda. No one has ever won both EBR and RMAC. Should be interesting. 😉
2022 EBR had as much or more talent than any other 100Y BR tournament in the past. I think RMAC 2023 matched that, but EBR 2023 will be even greater. It’s gonna be a wild ride. Let’s ROCK!

Last edited:
Reactions: qball
I was being sarcastic, but competition is competition. I think you will see some pretty big names attend this yr. As I did when I attended, And if you want to talk about a first class shooting facility Cardinal is one of the best. Team CenterCut should attend. I believe the same father son team were there in 2019. Watch Steve’s video from that event.

Last edited:
Reactions: Centercut