Father Son matching pair

Well a the other day I was coming home and saw a rabbit in the back yard. Well my son was busy not paying attention, so I grabbed the Katran C and snuck out of the house. Was able to sneak around to the corner and smack the rabbit at 12 yards or so. A 22 caliber JSB 18.1 to the dome made quick work on the pest.

We have been seeing more and more of the furry shrub eaters lately due to the apples finally defrosting and being all across the yard. I have been noticing more and more rabbit droppings all over the place, as well as chew marks on some of the trees and branches in the yard. I want to get a start on them now due to last year having an over abundance of rabbits in the yard. I was unable to really keep them in check due to work and other obligations. Wasn't thinking I was going to see any more for a few days due to just smacking one yesterday. Typically they will stay away for a few days before they come back in the yard. So I was more than a little shocked to see another rabbit sitting on the far end of the yard, so mentioned it to my son and he ran up to the safe and was waiting for me. We grabbed the Katran C, attached the DonnyFl Shogun and headed towards the door. We snuck around and were able to take a position along our fence and line up a shot. The rabbit had moved to under the porch, and I was able to range the rabbit at 15 yards. I showed my son where to aim on Strelok and he lined up his shot.

Being under the deck it was obviously dark, and the reticule on the Optisan isn't light. He lined up and took the shot and landed it, although a little further back that I would have shot, it put the rabbit down quickly. He looked at me with a big smile and told me the next one was mine unless he sees it first :p

Honestly really impressed with this little Katran C rifle. It shoots like a dream and is really quiet with a variety of cans. I like the DonnyFl Shogun as it makes it REALLY quiet, though the RYU and Yokozuna are just as quiet.

Couldn't be happier for my son, even after he crawled under the deck to pull out the rabbit!

20240402_185804.jpg
20240403_160115.jpg

Mine is the lighter colored one, and my son's is the more of a ginger bunny.