Fat Boy tripod and

...Levitate leveling head.

Man this thing is AWESOME!!!!! I've wanted a nice heavy duty tripod ever since I found out about RRS products but didn't want to pay the big bucks for it.
Then almost bought a Leofoto when I ran across a super deal on this FatBoy combo. So low the guy didn't want me to tell anyone where I bought it so I jumped at it.

It's easier for all of us to youtube the Fat Boy products and the specs rather than me explaining them. https://fatboytripods.com/
I will say that I love everything about it! My favorite is the fact that it only takes a 1/4 turn to loosen or tighten the legs. Actually maybe not a fact because it seems more like 1/8th turn to me.

All 100 yards and the typical 2-5 mph switching winds at my place.
Using two different slugs.
I was shooting prone off my Atlas Super Cal on the right paper target out of the back of my truck bed. Eh I don't seem to shoot well at this location because it starts to go up hill and it strains my back and neck but nevertheless I was trying hard to shoot as good as I could. Not very good results.

But the left target I used my new Fat Boy while sitting on my 3 gallon bucket. I just got the Fat Boy yesterday afternoon so these are the very first shots trying it. Wow I'm amazed how much more consistent I shot! Being comfortable and locked in has a premium benefit! I can just about hold perfectly on a bullet hole too, its that steady!

I wish I could get a few guns anodized that exact green color and sheen!
20231122_103718.jpg
20231122_103748.jpg

20231122_105417.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday I used the FatBoy attached via the pic rail of my 6mmBR. This was at 1122Y on a 18" steel. How would I describe it, hmm, I suppose as aptly comfortable getting the exact position and height I wanted to shoot from and then pounded the steel easy enough to get bored of it pretty quickly.

I'm leaning towards saying its the best money I've spent in the last couple years as far as product satisfaction!

I agree that a tripod can truly help with proper shot placement, especially if you are shooting a long and heavy gun.

As I use mine for stalking around at night, I use the lighter Primos Trigger Stick.

I apologize in advance and I'm absolutely not trying to be rude! And BTW Happy Thanksgiving to you.

I have the old G1 version Primos trigger stick tripod. I like the "idea" of the easy up and down adjustment(that is if it actually worked correctly all the time) and that its light-ish weight. That's where it abruptly ends for me.
The handle either flops to one side or the other and one of the legs often gets stuck so I have to lift it off the ground, shake it to get the leg back down, then put it back on the ground carefully or the legs slip out at the ground which is ridiculous that all these flaws have to be fought with.
It's one of the most frustrating items I've ever had, seriously!

If that wasn't enough I have a Primos Pol Cat bipod that broke.

So I use another cheap shooting sticks bipod I got from Sportmans Warehouse that has been at least halfway decent quality though is inconvenient to adjust.

I do know people with newer versions of the Primos trigger sticks bipods that have modded them and they seem to work well and they often win FT matches using them but personally I'm not buying anymore of this Co's products.

Last edited:
It is a FatBoy, got it right from Connor.

I have had access to many of the top end units. The most people look at would be the RRS Versa to start with on the high end unit. The Fat Boy is a little cheaper for the ENTIRE unit, and weighs in only a little heavier. For the price you really can't go wrong with the FatBoy Tripod. I use mine for both hunting and spotting, being able to strap it to my backpack and walk around for a long time is great.

@steve123 -

I have only had the Primos Trigger Sticks for a few months and they have both worked flawlessly. It may be that the one you purchased was an older model. I chose the very light Primos as I am usually in thick vegetation and the better quality and larger tripods would be too bulky and catch on bushes etc.

I usually walk my trails at night with the rifle over my right shoulder and carry the Primos horizontally by one of the legs. As it is so light, I can easily swing it into a vertical position and gently place it on the ground. I then swing the rifle off of my shoulder and into the tripod V. This takes just a few seconds.

If I was not walking / stalking for a few hours at a time and was more stationary, I would definitely look into higher quality tripods. I wish you great hunting with your FatBoy!

Below is a picture taken on my much wider driveway. The trails, which are over a mile in length, intersect with the wider driveway at various locations.

C20D0C29-0011-43FA-ABE6-6FB0EDF6D788.jpeg

Reactions: steve123
It is a FatBoy, got it right from Connor.

I have had access to many of the top end units. The most people look at would be the RRS Versa to start with on the high end unit. The Fat Boy is a little cheaper for the ENTIRE unit, and weighs in only a little heavier. For the price you really can't go wrong with the FatBoy Tripod. I use mine for both hunting and spotting, being able to strap it to my backpack and walk around for a long time is great.

That's good to know, thanks.

looking back I wish I had bought a good tripod and head years ago because I was missing out. This summer I started buying bipods and other accessories for shooting which has been making my rifle shooting more enjoyable since then. Yep it feels good to be catching up in that aspect!

Reactions: woogie_man
@steve123 That’s a nice looking setup. @woogie_man is the first person I remember seeing with a Fat Boy. They look outstanding, from a sturdy build to fit and finish. I thought the Side Chick was an interesting name for that particular accessory. I think it’s the cell phone holder. Does that come with the tripod or is it an optional purchase? I’m not too familiar with their heads though. I need to read up on those more.

Reactions: steve123