• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FAS 6004 - backyard sniper

So my Concept Lite is away from home for a little barrel experiment and I needed my airgun fix for the day so I thought I'd bring out my FAS 6004. I tried zapping a few starlings and missed so I decided to true up the sights with my current ammo. At 20 yards after my third 5 shot group to sight it in I got it dialed in. Off of a sandbag with iron sights it's doing sub dime sized groups with cheapo RWS basic pellets. Just amazing. I'm thinking of adding a pic rail to the top and 3D printing a stock/grip for it so I can use it like a little micro carbine. Anyone else ever see something similar?

The gun is capable of more. I just need better glasses or an optic.

1588371138_3740710625eac9ec2706048.48862543.jpg

1588371152_13813424355eac9ed0e6c338.44713484.jpg

In the 1980s I drilled and tapped the top-strap of my (then) FAS 604 to install a 3/8" rail scope base. Then mountted a Burris 6X Mini rifle scope, and used her to tie the NRA national record in air pistol silhouette competition (with a 39/40 score). The chicken that didn't FALL actually turned to face me from a hard nick. 😡 I was .005" from being the first to shoot a perfect score. DOH!!!

bad_ -

I'd be interested in buying a picatinny rail if you print them.

Right now, I have a red dot sight attached to my FAS 6004 by the use of the Butyl tape you buy at the big box stores. It's just "called" double sided tape, which it really isn't. It's just really sticky butyl rubber, much the same that holds the windshields in most cars.

I cut a piece to fit the bottom of my Delta Point Pro red dot. Then after cleaning both the sight and the top of the gun well, I put the tape on the sight, then aligned the side with the flat portion of the guns top panel back by the factory sight. Width wise, it was easy to to set the alignment...and yea...I was lucky to only have to make a slight adjustment to the sight windage to bring it to target. While the tape is a rubber, and the sight does move...IF...you push on it, it always comes back to my original adjustment. Been in place for a few months, so far...so good.

Off hand, at about 18 yards (my shooting distance), my FAS will do quarter sized groups. Not too bad with my 69yr. old eyes and hands.

I have the Sig Sauer versing coming (?). I want to see if the grip angle helps any. I don't care for the angle if the 6004 grip, I normally prefer the more straight up and down grip. Like the Browning (High Power) or the 1911 Colt.

Again, if you remember, I'd like to see your printed rail. You might just have a sellable product.

Mike

bad_ -

I'd be interested in buying a picatinny rail if you print them.

Right now, I have a red dot sight attached to my FAS 6004 by the use of the Butyl tape you buy at the big box stores. It's just "called" double sided tape, which it really isn't. It's just really sticky butyl rubber, much the same that holds the windshields in most cars.

I cut a piece to fit the bottom of my Delta Point Pro red dot. Then after cleaning both the sight and the top of the gun well, I put the tape on the sight, then aligned the side with the flat portion of the guns top panel back by the factory sight. Width wise, it was easy to to set the alignment...and yea...I was lucky to only have to make a slight adjustment to the sight windage to bring it to target. While the tape is a rubber, and the sight does move...IF...you push on it, it always comes back to my original adjustment. Been in place for a few months, so far...so good.

Off hand, at about 18 yards (my shooting distance), my FAS will do quarter sized groups. Not too bad with my 69yr. old eyes and hands.

I have the Sig Sauer versing coming (?). I want to see if the grip angle helps any. I don't care for the angle if the 6004 grip, I normally prefer the more straight up and down grip. Like the Browning (High Power) or the 1911 Colt.

Again, if you remember, I'd like to see your printed rail. You might just have a sellable product.

Mike

I used to use a similar tape for fixing steering servos to the chassis plates of my on-road RC race cars. Pretty strong stuff if you apply it correctly. I'll keep you updated on the rail if I can make it workable.