Fans of .177 caliber?

Me! I find it to be a great choice for backyard plinking. It's cheaper. Overall flatter trajectory. Under rated killing power. I have taken plenty of squirrels with my .177s & I have no doubt it can take rabbit. Can also carry a bunch of ammo in a smallish space, if this was a problem.

Rabbits are easier to kill than squirrels. Thinner skin. Soft flesh. And delicious. Agree, underrated. The penetration kills. Flatter trajectory means much easier to judge holdover. Use heavier pellets(not necessarily heaviest). Heavier projectiles retain energy farther. 

Be strong. 

Me! I find it to be a great choice for backyard plinking. It's cheaper. Overall flatter trajectory. Under rated killing power. I have taken plenty of squirrels with my .177s & I have no doubt it can take rabbit. Can also carry a bunch of ammo in a smallish space, if this was a problem.

Rabbits are easier to kill than squirrels. Thinner skin. Soft flesh. And delicious. Agree, underrated. The penetration kills. Flatter trajectory means much easier to judge holdover. Use heavier pellets(not necessarily heaviest). Heavier projectiles retain energy farther. 

Be strong.

Indeed. It’s what I meant to say, but expressed it wrong. I have seen them UK Airgunners dropping rabbit at 60 yards + with 12fpe .177

Airgun Advisor,

What everyone else said, and Field Target as well. All of my guns are set up at 12 ft.lb, for Field Target competition, but I'm in the quarantine progress of making one in extremely high power, to shoot my heavier slugs that I have been creating. My 1720T has been shooting 15 grain slugs at 100 yds with such accuracy, I'm truly amazed. A soda can at that distance don't stand a chance. 

Tom Holland 

Field Target Tech