Fanboy's?

I've been spending lots of free time on the internet..waaaay to much time. I've noticed a big trend of channels only using one brand. Obviously some are paid to do so but it makes me wonder if the joy is gone. Being forced to use one type of gun seems like it would get old really quickly. I think it's important to be able to use other products and have some freedom in finding faults? Just looking to see some friendly opinions on this.

I think i KNOW exactly what your referring to Dana. When I began slowly getting back into airguns as an adult I noticed a LOT of this myself. 

It seemed that if you wanted quality you either ended up waiting on a custom build from a one off builder or the only alleged quality was with FX and Daystate. With most distributors giving a huge nod to Daystate. 

Catching up to current times i feel with the invention of the Impact and high capacity magazine's that FX made some HUGE changes in their outreach and marketing to the SMALL group of online reviewers, testers, airgun channels etc. 

As a business man I give FX huge marks for their accomplishment with taking over the online world for pushing FX through all the most well known channels. 

However SADLY their not being met with any similar competition from other companies. I don't see anyone else putting everyone on the payroll and under contracts with regards to verbiage , testing, etc. 

It really creates a CONFUSING and often misleading online world for those trying to find HONEST reviews and REAL WORLD experience. 

I've seen guys well respected take guns and do test videos with bouncing bipods while testing accuracy and then think, "that would NEVER fly in an FX video" and often find myself wondering what prejudices are involved, what products can I trust, what reviewers can I actually trust knowing most are under contract and paid by FX.

I've actually been following you more lately Dana for this EXACT reason. I feel I get those most real world info with the least amount of bias from you currently. 

I know you all need to be paid for what you do, however I think there's a huge opening for someone to be the guy not PAID for their opinion, someone to be REAL and review all the good stuff even if there's no$for your time. 

The result could/ should end up being the most LOYAL and LARGEST most TRUSTED site and following, like, subscribe, etc of anyone. 

Then you'll make your$ in power of the people and followers etc. 

You could get real world products from real world buyers. 

I've never seen a good full review, real world IMO on most guns unless done by the P.A. guy (Tom Gaylord? )(sorry if I'm wrong on name) but he's about the only guy besides you i see really take these guns out and test them. 

I've got an Ataman tactical. 30 I'll donate for review, i ALWAYS see people looking for more info and reviews on Ataman but there's none. 

I've got a Evanix. 357/9mm semi/ full auto GTL480 you should also review. 

I have a .22 FX Impact Compact new in the box still unopened as of now, I also would like to give you to review. 

I've also got a regulated .30 AAA Slayer I'm just waiting on a custom barrel to be chosen for and then I'd also like to give you that gun to review. 

Then we'd just need one of those new Daystate bullpups and we'd IMO really be getting into having new content on many of the most looked for products needing more content out there. 

I think videos not being made because no ones PAYING is DEFINITELY a huge part of the current disconnect with realistic thinkers like myself. 

I just can't help but only belive about 40-60% of what I hear, see, feel, from a PAID REVIEW. 

I stick to certain brands for sure. I’m I a fanboy? Perhaps, in a way. But why? 

PCPs. Thus far I’m not on par with the big reviewers. I don’t have dealers sending me free guns left & right. I have a “real” job & have to buy my toys with my own money. They are expensive and I have other priorities...kids etc. So, I buy local, especially since I don’t have the time to work on my own guns. So, this leaves me with a reputable vendor & limited brands, not to mention funds. Ergo, GA Airguns and Kalibrgun & Taipan. 

Spring guns. I stick with what has proven good to me. Generally German guns. I can work on these with limited experience. But again, I’m limited to Funds. 

I would love the opportunity to grow my channel & test more equipment. So if you can recommend me to the powers that be, I’m ready to try all brands. #airgunsupremacy on YouTube & Instagram. 

Way too much time on the Net? Me too! China virus and all.

I am guilty of being a "fanboy" of sorts myself. I have found the four Diana brand of springers I purchased, the FX Impact and HW44 to be everything that they were made out to be. I will have to admit there are some well known"fanboys", as you would call them, of certain brands of guns scopes and accessories. Although they may have somewhat biased opinions I have found their reviews to be quite accurate and fair thus far. The products I was led to, by their reviews, to buy have ended up being exactly as they portrayed them. So I don't worry about it too much anymore. I have also found many reviews on YouTube that are not done by fanboys some are pretty good but a few that are very poorly done and others not accurate at all. So in the end one just needs to be able to trust the people doing the reviews. There are a pretty good group of reviewers on this forum and on Airgun 101 some biased others less so. I don't feel I have as yet ever been let down by any of them.

I've been spending lots of free time on the internet..waaaay to much time. I've noticed a big trend of channels only using one brand. Obviously some are paid to do so but it makes me wonder if the joy is gone. Being forced to use one type of gun seems like it would get old really quickly. I think it's important to be able to use other products and have some freedom in finding faults? Just looking to see some friendly opinions on this.

I make YouTube videos only because I enjoy them I don't push any brand I just like to go out show you my rifles and shoot them no one pays me to do this but I find it fun to do. If you have ever seen my videos you will notice I never called them a review I just called him let's shoots. I also do some called fun on the farm they are just fun to do for Chuckles . However I do agree that many of the guys on YouTube have gun sent to them and get paid to promote them I never paid much attention to the reviews on YouTube I like to try the products myself. You should never really pay much attention to what people review on YouTube because most of them are paid myself I just like to read the reviews and talk to people that I know in the are that are into airguns this is where you will get honest answers not from Paid reviews.

I do my videos for my own enjoyment because I like to do them it really doesn't matter to me if one person watches them or nobody watches them I would like to grow my channel but it is really not that important.

It is the same in the sale of all forms of goods, And is also nothing new in the Airgun world.

Before the internet it was magazines (under influence of those prepared to spend on advertising) told us This gun was best/great/NEW 😉.

Maybe it's my age, but I have a huge BS meter, everything gets a second look before I will commit.

I do enjoy (and trust more) those who spread their love through many brands, even if said "brands" coincide with the "Brands" a certain dealership sells.

ps I am a Huge Huben FAN MAN (way to old to be a BOY) and I have Yet to touch one.

I have seen the guys in SA shoot at the dairies there. They rarely show a miss. Not saying they don't miss but I've seen them shoot at RMAC and they don't miss there very much either. Watching them shoot and hit at 150 yards plus is quite spectacular. If they use a certain brand of airgun and make those shots says something about that brand of airgun. I have three FX Royals and really enjoy them. My $.02.

It seems like they either go FX or Daystate. I notice guys that affiliate with airguns of Arizona will be daystate/brocock users. Utah airgun guys will be FX users

That would kinda make sense looking at who the primary distributers are.

This is why I appreciate channels like AEAC that don't represent anyone. Although I don't know if I've ever seen Steve trash a product either. A good reviewer, IMO, will review good and bad products and give honest marks as appropriate. 

Yep...pretty much .I make videos with my airguns or riding my motorcycles sometimes but no one pays me,I just do it for the hell of it.I saw a review video for a Hatsan where the guy shot it,talked about it etc; In the comment section someone told him “I’d love to see a hunt with it”and his response was “tell Hatsan USA.Id love to take it hunting”or something to that effect.😂

Here’s my problem with FX. IMO their product changes so fast that they really hurt the secondary market. I don’t need my airgun to make itself obsolete in under a year due to a power plenum, a STX liner, a superior liner. What’s next?

but to the point of the thread, yes, they market themselves very well. But EdGun has plenty of fanboys and does zero marketing. 

Here’s my problem with FX. IMO their product changes so fast that they really hurt the secondary market. I don’t need my airgun to make itself obsolete in under a year due to a power plenum, a STX liner, a superior liner. What’s next?

but to the point of the thread, yes, they market themselves very well. But EdGun has plenty of fanboys and does zero marketing.

FX is very, very good about backwards compatability. That really cuts down on obsolescence. 

That’s because Ed tells it like it is. Even if offends people. Shows confidence in his product. Doesn’t have to kiss butts to have people buy it.

I respect people who don't bullpoop you and tell it like it is, even if the news ain't good. Too many people willing to take your hard earned money for vaporware out there.

How's that old saying go - a fool and his money are soon parted.