Falx suppressor on .25 Airacuda max

Just received my Falx (.177-.30 bore) moderate flow suppressor yesterday. I threaded it in tight by hand. Not getting the accuracy that I was getting prior to this. The sound is a lot better but very disappointing w the change of accuracy. Does anybody have any help for me? My grouping is about a 1 inch to 2 inch with 30+ shots At 50 yards. Prior to this I was getting a grouping of 1 inch to 1/12 inch max.

Do you own another suppressor? Does it cause the same spread in grouping? Some perform better than others and some act differently on different air guns. The Fall uses the Tesla valve system for sound suppression, so it's using turbulence within the suppressor to reduce sound. Suppressors with baffles are just stripping away the air. The internal turbulance of the Falx might be impacting the pellet's stability as it leaves the barrel. I'm no engineer, so theis is all me guessing based on the different designs. I own a Falx but have not noticed a change in grouping. I have noticed a change in POI when I switch from one suppressor to another. FWIW, I have have very good luck with the Huma-Air suppressors.

Reactions: Sanctify7
Yeah I spent some time researching this and reading all the threads on this forum. This particular Suppressor was highly recommended. I do own a buck rail. Had very good accuracy with that one but it just did not dampen the sound very well. I i’m just really disappointed. This company is hard to get in touch with no contact number. I’m going to send them a message now to see what their thoughts are.

I had clipping with my MAX as well when I first installed a moderator and found out the shroud end was not square, it had several thou runout and caused the moderator to pitch slightly, allowing the clipping.

The shroud is identical on both ends so after measuring the runout on the other end, I emptied the tube and flipped it around, reinstalled everything and the clipping went away.

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
I had clipping with my MAX as well when I first installed a moderator and found out the shroud end was not square, it had several thou runout and caused the moderator to pitch slightly, allowing the clipping.

The shroud is identical on both ends so after measuring the runout on the other end, I emptied the tube and flipped it around, reinstalled everything and the clipping went away.
I’m not fully understanding on how to do this.

I’m not fully understanding on how to do this.
He's saying to try removing the shroud and then flip ends and reinstall it to see if that helps. Apparently the end with the suppressor adapter was not perfectly square and it was causing pellets to clip the inside of the suppressor because the suppressor is not properly aligned with the barrel. Since you had an issue with the buckrail and opening it up helped, that might be your issue with the Falx.

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
He's saying to try removing the shroud and then flip ends and reinstall it to see if that helps. Apparently the end with the suppressor adapter was not perfectly square and it was causing pellets to clip the inside of the suppressor because the suppressor is not properly aligned with the barrel. Since you had an issue with the buckrail and opening it up helped, that might be your issue with the Falx.
OK this is good news. I’m gonna look on YouTube to see how to perform this task. There is no way I can damage this gun by doing this?

I don't have an Aircuda, but the adapter on the end probably just unscrews and the shroud should come right off. This is how most airgun shouds are configured. The adapter also applies tension to the barrel, so it could be pretty tight. Just be sure to tighten it back good and tight to restore the tension on the barrel.
Thank you very much. I am very much of a novice in these guns. Even my Termanology is weak. I am fairly handy though. If I cannot loosen it by hand what would you use to break that thread? And just bye putting this front to back will solve this problem you guys believe?

I use a piece of leather belt and vice grips to loosen adapters that won't come off by hand. Just be careful and wrap the leather around the exposed threads and don't let the vice grips scratch the adapter or mar the threads. I usually start with the vice grips fairly loose and then just tighted the adjustment knob a little at a time until it grips anough to break it free, then remove the vice grips and loosen it the rest of the way by hand. When you replace the adapter, you can just screw on the suppressor and it will give you something to grab onto to tighten it to the shroud.

Will it work? That really remains to be seen! Alot will depend on if the end against the breech block is perfectly square or not. But, it's the quickest and cheapest way to rule out the suppressor as the problem. If you have a good quality T Square, you can check both ends while the shroud is off and see if one is more square than the other.

I use a piece of leather belt and vice grips to loosen adapters that won't come off by hand. Just be careful and wrap the leather around the exposed threads and don't let the vice grips scratch the adapter or mar the threads. I usually start with the vice grips fairly loose and then just tighted the adjustment knob a little at a time until it grips anough to break it free, then remove the vice grips and loosen it the rest of the way by hand. When you replace the adapter, you can just screw on the suppressor and it will give you something to grab onto to tighten it to the shroud.

Will it work? That really remains to be seen! Alot will depend on if the end against the breech block is perfectly square or not. But, it's the quickest and cheapest way to rule out the suppressor as the problem. If you have a good quality T Square, you can check both ends while the shroud is off and see if one is more square than the other.
Very very good information thank you I am going to be away for this Mother’s Day weekend I probably won’t get it until Sunday afternoon. I certainly will let you know how I make out

Just loosen the barrel band first. It shouldn't be an issue breaking it loose. Then slide it off. There are 5 baffles inside and a retainer nut. The nut will need to be removed before you turn it around to the other side. The part sticking out on the end is the retainer nut i speak of.
20230509_151641.jpg

I have four STO silencers and none of them have ever effected accuracy in a negative way. They all work very well at noise reduction. I think as the others pointed out, pellets are probably clipping the edge of the opening in the silencer. Since you had the same problem with your original silencer something sounds off on your gun.

Just loosen the barrel band first. It shouldn't be an issue breaking it loose. Then slide it off. There are 5 baffles inside and a retainer nut. The nut will need to be removed before you turn it around to the other side. The part sticking out on the end is the retainer nut i speak of.View attachment 355646
OK looks a little bit more involved than I was thinking. Hope I don’t damage this gun.