• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fall Is Here

A few days ago, a squirrel chewed nuts and dropped the cuttings around my grandson for as long as his patience held out, and I saw the squirrel slip away at the end, but I never spotted him until then either. They have been cutting the hickory at the end of the porch, and at 15 yards, all you ever saw was a flash here and there. 

Then the temp dropped twenty degrees a few days back. This morning those same squirrels are running and jumping from tree to tree. Three gathering nuts on the ground earlier. Instead of grabbing a nut and then sitting still to eat it, they are grabbing nuts and carrying them away, only to return over and over.

Squirrel season is here!

We have had a bit of that this year also, multiple times.

I live on a ridge that tapers off into the Mississippi bottoms, and have three rivers to deal with. When it gets bad, my only problem is access is so limited that going anywhere is a nightmare. It would take a few hundred feet of flood water to get to the house!

Where I squirrel hunt, if i leave the home area, is in the National Forest in mature oak woods.

The hickory in the yard had five about half grown grays in it this morning, but i did not see anything even close to full grown. A couple of them had more tail than body.

I am testing the copper plated Premieres today.