• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fair pricing for used PCPs?

I hate to say this, and i am sure there will be some push back from some but i have been driven to the point of Not wasting money on a used gun.

I know what's coming but lets be realistic , 5-10% off list price of any " used " gun is just plain criminal IMO .. Sure you can throw the supply , demand , factor in the equation , but honestly in the end it's still a used gun. on a 2000.00 gun a 200.00 discount is just not worth the chance over buying new, just me i guess...Be patient and wait for a new gun to come back in stock, you will be much better off 

My biggest complaint with buying used , even some so called " trusted and known " sellers, and some dealers will drop the high hard one off in ya..

Meaning they have tweaked, tuned, added on , over sprung , cleaned and or polished barrels with god knows what, so on , and so on, in an effort to " make the guns better " and end up having a gun that' s so far off in left field it won't hit the broad side of a barn... you damn well better know what you're doing to get it back to how it shot out of the box....

I am Not saying all used guns are a bad deal , i am saying a used gun at 5-10% is a bad deal , and yes i have sold used guns, when i do they are lightly used at best and usually i end up getting the short end of the stick on the deal , it is a USED gun...

Just be careful guys, you are ultimately putting your trust, faith, and hard earned cash in someone you have probably never met in person ....

Peace and be safe Mi amigo's !

I agree with everything you said. Wondering how much tinkering they did with it and also if they used a good filter when they were filling their PCP rifle. I sure don’t want moisture in the tank. That being said, I would probably buy off of some trusted sellers on here that I know that they have a lot of knowledge on air guns and as long as the price was fair to me. But if you buy brand new,You have a warranty and if there is a problem you can send it back or maybe get the parts you need from the vendor at no cost.The only air guns I have bought used were vintage. 99% of the sales of the vintage guns were Positive. I’ll ask plenty of questions especially if the description is lacking.

To start, I think the cost of shipping alone is hard on anyone wanting to sell a low end gun like a DAR, Maximus, etc. The last airgun I sold cost me over $60 to ship.

As for the 10% thing, I think a couple of things are going on here. First, some of these guys have added mods and accessories, and are selling against what they perceive is the package value of the gun. This, along with money you pay to have a gun tuned, usually just doesn't come back. Second, a buddy of mine says, "you can always lower the price". I think some sellers expect to bargain. 

As for me, I just pass on any gun that I think is priced too high. If I'm right, the seller will end up either keeping the gun or lower the price. Fine by me either way.