Fair ground or carnival style shooting rink

I will get some more pictures tomorrow but the final draft looks like this 

1578367959_556109225e13fbd7104111.68859713_IMG_0012.jpg

The set up is very safe we have no ricochet, The range is actually inclosed in our trailer so we do not have to worry about someone standing next to the range, The trailer itself is padded with a thick nap commercial grade carpet. The shooter is set up right at the back of the trailer with the muzzle of the gun always kept inside the walls of the range by a tiedown. 

The backstop is also carpet with a moving blanket padding that acts to catch the bbs in its fabric. This weekend we put over 100 clips into this set up all we needed to do to get the fresh look that you see now is to turn the blanket over. For those looking for a good backstop that will capture bbs, this works very well these are harbor freight 72x80 four-way folded the first two layers are penetrated but the last two are not the result is that the blanket actually captures them 

I wish I could say that in those 100 clips we succeded in fully shooting out the star completely in four clip 80 rounds rules we set butttt...... I will say I HATE STARS!!!!!!!!!!. It's not the DPMS fault it actually groups very well even with the cheap plastic sights the issue is the star and the paper itself by the rules no part of the red star can be left this is a lot harder than it looks with open sights. This weekend I am going to see how many shots it will take with a good scoped PCP 

The guns we are using will not function with the dust devil the dpms uses a magnet as part of its loading system. 

This was one of the reasons for the long day sunday shooting was to test for ricochet issues. 

I used a magnet to pick up the bb from the table after we finished and filled a cup and half. 

You cannot see it but at the shooting bench there is also an overhead guard that keeps the shooter protected along with anyone behind the shooting area. 

That is so cool. Did you find the Star Card somewhere and have it printed up or are they still around?

Found it online and printed on 110 pound card stock 80 rounds and I've come very very close to knocking the star completely out but it seems like no matter what there is always a piece of the red star on the card. 

It's addictive as all get out open sights are a lot of fun and really get you to back to the basics 

PS for those interested the star is 1 inch from point to point