Daystate Fady Kiwan Barrel Setup, What’s this or these things?

Hello AGN peeps

Fady’s setup is interesting both his skills and mods to BRK Ghost and Delta/Alpha woof. The barrel in EBR (Alpha/Delta) this looks the same as World BR (ghost).
The barrel from what I have seen written about is a 22 cal 28” special barrel. But that is it.
Now what is “A”, “B” and especially “C”:
“A”- I think is a Ronin DonnyFL moderator and brass weight
“B” - I think is a carbon tube tensioner
“C” - I don’t know besides ? a barrel clamp to interface to chassis ?

Fady has come up with a neat mods to help Alpha/Delta with barrel accuracy/idiosyncrasies?
We’ll chime in and what You think? To his credit Fady Kiwan made it work very good!

IMG_3902.jpeg

IMG_3903.jpeg

Reactions: beerthief
First off, this is my guess as I have not been told and I don't know for certain; A) Looks like a DonnyFL moderator. The golden base (brass I assume) of the moderator appears to be means to thread to the barrel's existing male threads (not 1/2" -20) and also to the Donny. B) Carbon fiber tube over the barrel. C) You have a custom sleeve that secures to the barrel with several set screws. This looks to be a base for a tensioned barrel system. Between this sleeve and the carbon tube, there is something there that I would think is able to continue to provide consistent tension despite thermal expansion occurrences. More than likely, the tension is between the sleeve and brass base of the Donny and not dependent on any interface with the chassis. Again, this is my guess only.

Daystate has 28" ART barrels for the Delta/Alpha platform. Not sure if this is one of them but I suspect it is. They are sourced from Lothar Walther by Daystate.

Last edited:
Reactions: okieairgunner
First off, this is my guess as I have not been told and I don't know for certain; A) Looks like a DonnyFL moderator. The golden base of the moderator appears to be means to thread to the barrel's existing male threads and also to the Donny. B) Carbon fiber tube over the barrel. C) You have a custom sleeve that secures to the barrel with several set screws. This looks to be a base for a tensioned barrel system. Between this sleeve and the carbon tube, there is something there that I would think is able to continue to provide consistent tension despite thermal expansion occurrences.

Daystate has 28" ART barrels for the Delta/Alpha platform. Not sure if this is one of them but I suspect it is. They are sourced from Lothar Walther by Daystate.
Agree, it's also pretty obvious that he's not using the built in chronograph in his Delta Wolf (with Alpha Wolf stock). My guess is this is the same setup he used on his .22 Ghost in winning the 50M World BR Championship...

Just looking into thesecret-sauce that was used to good success. New information, on what makes it different than the stock 28" ART barrel (original BRK Ghost barrel on a Delta/Alpha Wolf). He has made a very successful rig.
I like the use of heavier brass weight to steady the front of the gun with moderator base. Stabilizing barrel with carbon tube and after thinking about it "C" looks like a threaded clamp that tensions the carbon tube. I will ask him by PM but just a interesting detective work.