Face book ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup! Only, I just deactivated the account and never went back. Why? I do not want someone creating a fake account in my name. The deactivated account lets me prove who I am, should this happen. It is really getting weird out there folks.
I don't know how you came to that conclusion but it absolutely does not keep anyone from making an account in your name. To the contrary, having an account greatly increases the chances that someone will use your name to create a fake profile. Total deletion is the best way to deal with FB.

Reactions: darylm
I don't know how you came to that conclusion but it absolutely does not keep anyone from making an account in your name. To the contrary, having an account greatly increases the chances that someone will use your name to create a fake profile. Total deletion is the best way to deal with FB.
Deactivated accounts are not visible to anyone. No one can interact with them....it is your backdoor way in, if you need to correct something. Each to his own.

"It destroys people's minds & critical thinking"

It does not. When I was kid in the 60s and 70s people said the same thing about TV at the time.

The trouble with social media-and TV- is that folks allow it to control them. Turn off the notifications, dont react or reply everytime you get a message/notification. Read, interact, post, learn.... then TURN IT OFF. Take control of how you use it, and itll be a great tool.

Rooting thru folks' garbage cans will tell more about you than your online habits........

Rooting thru folks' garbage cans will tell more about you than your online habits........
Depends on who you are. There are an enormous number of people that report their every meal and bowel movement on FB - and yours if you happen to be in their company at the time. Take control of what you can, but avoiding FB (and TV) is truly taking control...

GsT

It does not. When I was kid in the 60s and 70s people said the same thing about TV at the time.

The trouble with social media-and TV- is that folks allow it to control them. Turn off the notifications, dont react or reply everytime you get a message/notification. Read, interact, post, learn.... then TURN IT OFF. Take control of how you use it, and itll be a great tool.

You are correct if most people followed the advice you point out. Problem is most don’t especially the largest demographic of users younger people. To them it is a primary news and world information source so yes it does rot the brain and mind. This is just part of the picture unfortunately as public schools and universities alike have all gone down this same path. Well I guess I shouldn’t say all but the list is very very long.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein

I remember all the nonsense about TV time and how that and MTV was ruining our country.
You are correct, it is about limiting the time you spend on those things.
I do not have this site on my phone, or FB or any other media. I do not want or need the constant notifications, I call them interruptions to my
real life.
I do not want or care about having 3 thousand face book "friends" that I have never met. Silly stuff.

Doc

Yes it does. And so does TV. Especially the "news" and even sitcoms are packed full of propaganda. Unfortunate if you aren't aware of that.

The only people who will defend the time-waster that is FB are addicted to it and in denial.

The key to technology is for us to control it, not it control us.

I only have a facebook account to see more pictures of my grandkids. My daughter and daughter-in-law like to post kid stuff on it and I stay on FB to see it. I occasionally comment on a grandkid photograph but never on any other topic. It is obviously highly left wing trying to slant public thinking their way. I won't participate in that. I've never even looked at facebook market place. I am not on X nor was I ever on twitter. I don't see what it would do for me. I just am not interested in others uninformed and poorly reasoned opinions. I doubt many would be interested in mine.

Reactions: Treefrog
The key to technology is for us to control it, not it control us.

I only have a facebook account to see more pictures of my grandkids. My daughter and daughter-in-law like to post kid stuff on it and I stay on FB to see it. I occasionally comment on a grandkid photograph but never on any other topic. It is obviously highly left wing trying to slant public thinking their way. I won't participate in that. I've never even looked at facebook market place. I am not on X nor was I ever on twitter. I don't see what it would do for me. I just am not interested in others uninformed and poorly reasoned opinions. I doubt many would be interested in mine.
I ask these questions in complete sincerity.

Do you think that grandchildren saw their grandparents in person more often before Facebook?...

Do you think that parents tend to believe that posting photos of their children is a substitute for making the time for real visits?...

And do you think that it's a good idea for people to post photos of what their children look like and their names, ages, and very often where they live, what school they go to, what their friends names are, where they are most of time, what hobbies they enjoy?...

It can be rhetorical if you want it to be.

mark-zuckerberg-01-gq-11apr18_getty_b.jpg

Reactions: balver
I'm only 42, and I refused to ever have any of these horrible narcissism inducing platforms into my life. When I saw what MySpace did to a few friends relationships, I said nope. Then FB came out, and then all the crap that followed, along with every kid being born with a phone in their hand... yes, it has definitely screwed people up.

Instant gratification, constant need for validation, and the main focus these platforms have, which is censorship and pushing a certain agenda.

It definitely helped to divide families even further, with SM platforms being mainly used by females. Just look at how most of them conduct themselves nowadays. Trashy, rude, snotty, spoiled... sure they've been that way for a long time, but they used to hide it from the public eye for fear of being shamed, and not being able to get a good man. Now, they just have to swipe left or right.

I feel absolutely sorry for young men these days. Quite a few have no father figure, and the ones they do have been neutered by society and lack the skills men need to survive and become MEN.

I've been told I have an old soul lol.

Off the soap box I go!

Reactions: Momar2
Yes it does. And so does TV. Especially the "news" and even sitcoms are packed full of propaganda. Unfortunate if you aren't aware of that.

The only people who will defend the time-waster that is FB are addicted to it and in denial.
You're right about messaging in TV and it goes beyond just the idiot box. They're called TV programs for a reason. It's literally programming for the masses.

Mass Media* in it's entirety is the most powerful force on Planet Earth. More powerful that all the world's armies put together.

Problem is MM has been completely taken over by a small handful of globalists and these people use it for their own agenda and not the benefit mankind as a whole. In a nutshell they've weaponized it against the general population. This is not something new. It's been going on for well over a century if not centuries. You can look up quotes from Founding Fathers on the dishonesty of newspapers back in the day.

TV for example, from it's very inception, has and is being used as a tool to tell the general population what to think and how to act. That's it's purpose.

*Mass Media = EVERY TV channel, EVERY radio station, EVERY newspaper and magazine, Hollywood and most the of internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.