• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FAC variation having 1 air weapon with 2 different calibre barrels

You need a .22 probe also.
I believe the original poster is from the UK (Manchester, England)

He knows that he can swap calibers on an FX Impact.

What I believe he wants to know is whether he is violating his FAC (Fire Arms Certificate?) by adding the .22 caliber barrel kit to his .25 caliber Impact.

Its a UK regulatory question the way I understand it.

-Ed

Do you get to vote for the wankers that make your airgun laws??

I feel badly for our brothers across the pond in England.

My understanding is the 12 ft/lb power limit was set somewhat arbitrarily a long time ago during the era of spring airguns.

Despite all the advances in air rifle technology with PCP powerplants, it is likely difficult to get regulations in England updated once they are in place.

That’s why we need to ensure that we don’t get unnecessary regulations imposed upon us here in the states. Its hard to undo something once its done. Freedoms can be lost forever…

I believe the original poster is from the UK (Manchester, England)

He knows that he can swap calibers on an FX Impact.

What I believe he wants to know is whether he is violating his FAC (Fire Arms Certificate?) by adding the .22 caliber barrel kit to his .25 caliber Impact.

Its a UK regulatory question the way I understand it.

-Ed
You're correct
On my UK Fac license for example I can only have the calibres stated and only one of each (.22/.25) I have a .25 cal so the license states the gun and serial number.
If I get a .22 cal that gun identity will have to be filled into the .22 space in the license which has to be filled in by a firearms dealer.
I'm asking if anyone knows if I buy a .22 barrel for the same gun I have in .25
Can the dealer register the same gun details in the .22 slot.
It's definitely a question for the UK fac license holders as shooters from over the waters won't be clear in our gun laws.

Last edited: