• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Extreme FT rules and positions

BUM-BAGS ALLOWED! I'm not motivated enough to review this whole long thread to locate the origins of the bum-bag prejudice; instead will just thank Bobby for posting the written rules that put that whole bum-bag debate to bed. 

At this point it bears mentioning that since Extreme Field Target is until now almost exclusively a one club thing, the posted rules originated there and apply there. However, I think that rules-set falls somewhere between perfectly logical and GENIUS! That so, I not only whole-heartedly agree with them, but will use them as a basis for TEXtreme Field Target in March, 2021. Not to say there couldn't be some evolution between now and then, but at this point I see no reason for it. 

Many thanks, BC! "Behind every good man is a good woman." 

(That might explain why I'm such a bad man.)

I think the biggest issue at this venue is the acacia thorns and broken glass that has been out there since the club started. Personally I dont want to put a 3" thorn out of steve123's ass if he sits on one!! They are hidden and cant be seen all the time and if you are using a bag you might get stuck. Trust me they are long and sharp and dont care where they stick you. Maybe as the game progresses and grows then other styles could be incorporated ( not saying it will) but time will tell. This is still in its infancy and as everything evolves so will it.

I have shot with steve123 many times in PRS and they make targets difficult to see from certain positions. So you have to be flexible and innovative enough to overcome that because they wont change to course because you cant see a KZ from the position you chose to shoot from.You have to adapter to your surroundings. So I guess what I am saying is just have fun with it the way it is but bring your suggestions up and then they can be looked at and validated. Getting into a pissing contest isn't going to solve anything. I think we all want to see it grow in a positive way. 

There are always " Gamers" that try to skirt the rules as in any sport as steve123 can attest to. So you have to be attentive to address the rules properly and very concisely or they will be skirted.

It is a great course and will be changing as time goes by. It is very challenging right now the way it is and you have to be on your toes all the time. If you haven't shot the course then dont question the methods or the way it is run at this time until you have tried it. Pay your match fee and bring your "A" game because anyone can win as it is now whether you are a seasoned shooter or a beginner. If the shooting Gods on with you then you will do good.

Come out and have a great time .shoot with great people and enjoy yourself!! It is fun and different.

😂 ha, I think the sticker pulling job is the match directors responsibility, right??, but the question is, is he the most BENeficial candidate??? 😆

My ass will hopefully be at lofty heights in a MAMS (CenterCut's acronym for Monty's Ass Molded Seat) so I doubt the heinous thorn problem could occur but it never hurts to have a plan B 😜

BUM-BAGS ALLOWED! I'm not motivated enough to review this whole long thread to locate the origins of the bum-bag prejudice; instead will just thank Bobby for posting the written rules that put that whole bum-bag debate to bed. 

At this point it bears mentioning that since Extreme Field Target is until now almost exclusively a one club thing, the posted rules originated there and apply there. However, I think that rules-set falls somewhere between perfectly logical and GENIUS! That so, I not only whole-heartedly agree with them, but will use them as a basis for TEXtreme Field Target in March, 2021. Not to say there couldn't be some evolution between now and then, but at this point I see no reason for it. 

Many thanks, BC! "Behind every good man is a good woman." 

(That might explain why I'm such a bad man.)

Centercut and myself said no bum bags allowed after directly communicating with the match director. His preference would be no bum bags allowed it seems, but he tells me he is willing to let it go to a vote. 

The reasoning behind my prejudice against them has been stated, over and over and over again.

Interestingly enough (and also prior stated) is that I will likely try out the bum bag/shooting stick combo (if they don't get voted out) because my desire in doing so was why I originally asked the match director if we could.

Nearly all of my commentary here has been as a devils advocate, consider the slippery slope, situation. Clear and simple rules and restrictions make cheating more difficult, but, it looks like history may just repeat itself as we find ourselves on the edge of the grease covered precipice. 

Just for fun, how does everyone feel about any seat height allowed (bag,bucket,stool,cow pie, your stack of squashed hopes and dreams or pile of ambition in being the best ever Extreme Field Target shooter, etc), but soles of the feet/shoes have to be flat on the ground? (should be really fun to watch how this plays out, all that thinly veiled righteous indignation about being "creative" and all) 

... Prone position is on the ground. Sitting position is on the ground. Etc. Not sure I'm expressing myself clearly...

Sitting position is on the ground? (except when you are using a seat/bucket/stool/bumbag).

Scotchmo, I sent you a private message yesterday, not sure if it went through. Could you take a look? Thanks

I see no reason at this point to change anything based on the set of rules that were handed out last match that have been posted by @arzrover. If we start utilizing the timer again and based on the timeframe EBR AFT allows that will alleviate some issues. Also, the position of the shooter is solely dictated by the match director and how he chooses to set up the course. Rio salado has flora already in place that helps determine how things can be shot. Phx Rod N Gun not so much. Hence the use of straw bails. Using these on certain lanes will force a position other than prone and/or bumbag. Even the shortest of people would still be able to shoot over a straw bail. There were small kids shooting at the EBR AFT right in front of me without issue. And having a blast. 
the biggest issue I see people having from whatever the position is reading the wind and being able to know what their gun does in the conditions. 

Apparently I'm not the only one here that didn't "get that TPS report". Sure glad it came to light though, rather than depending on here-say.

"LUMBERG? UGHHHHH!" 😡

20201210_213747.1607661805.jpg

"Why not to offer two classes"?

That happens naturally as participation grows, but can be counter-productive too early in the life-cycle of a new competition by diluting the field(s). Rules chiseled in stone eventually fall to evolving rules recorded on more malleable and disposable materials/formats. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvSsjBTu4c4

You guys are already doing two classes. Slug and pellet.

Make pellet the restricted class...and let slug be unlimited. See what happens. In a years time you will have lots more info. If guys want to shoot unlimited with pellets, that’s their choice. Choice is good.

Makes sense to me!

No dog in the slug fight. But a certain somebody has been sharing incredibly impressive results with home-brew slugs. Making the slug class unlimited would be a convenient way to get around the "mass-produced projectiles" requirement. I'll be glad to not be shooting in slug class if it becomes a situation where I'm shooting against a guy that is using unobtainium ammo, except to him. But, I suppose that's the unlimited nature of an unlimited class. Sounds like a vote, lol (this whole thing has been plenty ridiculous already but it sounds like it's likely to only get more so). 

(Not wanting to upset the hero-worship, brocircle clique that's been going on throughout this whole conversation, I thought I better add that the use of the word, "incredible" above is not implying that I don't believe the results, but rather using the word in it's typical, less literal sense of, "wow, I'm awed at the results!")

Make pellet the restricted class...and let slug be unlimited. See what happens. In a years time you will have lots more info. If guys want to shoot unlimited with pellets, that’s their choice. Choice is good.

Makes sense to me!

No dog in the slug fight. But a certain somebody has been sharing incredibly impressive results with home-brew slugs. Making the slug class unlimited would be a convenient way to get around the "mass-produced projectiles" requirement. I'll be glad to not be shooting in slug class if it becomes a situation where I'm shooting against a guy that is using unobtainium ammo, except to him. But, I suppose that's the unlimited nature of an unlimited class. Sounds like a vote, lol (this whole thing has been plenty ridiculous already but it sounds like it's likely to only get more so).

C'mon man you're killing my buzz! 😄

Makes sense to me!

C'mon man you're killing my buzz! 😄

Just trying to be the voice of reason when it comes to considering the long-term implications of rules and changes to those rules, like I have been throughout this entire poopshow. Essentially trying to take the stance of how can the rules be equitable for ALL competitors, future and present vs taking the viewpoint of, "how can I get ahead of the competition at any cost."