• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Events Extreme Field Target, Phoenix AZ, Saturday 24 April 2021

EXTREME AMERICAN FIELD TARGET

SATURDAY April 24, 2021.

Come out and try this new exciting air rifle shooting event. This is gaining in popularity with each passing month. There was a similar event near Waco, TX – the TexTreme FT - last month, and one planned in Oregon mid May this year.

Like regular field target, only more bad ass, with less rules… 

Bucket and sticks - like Hunter FT

From 25 to 100 yards.

Target range provided in yards.

Up to .30 caliber and 100 FPE. Slugs or Pellets, your choice.

We're trying something different prior to the official match this month. If you want (free with paid entry into regular match), you can shoot your 20 FPE Field Target gun on the Extreme FT course. Will start about 0830, so be there with enough time to sight in if you want to do this... Other than 20 FPE limit, rules will be the same as regular Extreme FT.

C’mon slug shooters, I keep reading about how awesome slugs are at 100+ yards Show us how it’s done! We had SEVEN sluggers in January but only ONE in February and THREE in March. Top pellet and slug scores have been equivalent. I know we can do better than that!!! 

Below posted for Match Director Ben Spencer

————————————————————-

Our fun monthly match is almost here. We hope to have the interest to continue this on a monthly basis. This will give established shooters a consistent match to compete in.This will also give new shooters a chance to get to know other local shooters.

The phoenixrodandgun.org calendar link will take you to practiscore.com to register. This is recommended as it is easier to know the amount of shooters we will have and divisions. Our goal is to have a base class(dollar amount max)in the near future.(similar NRL22 division).Sponsorship for all divisions recognitions on a monthly/quarterly basis are currently ongoing.Walk up entrants are welcome, however on a cash only basis.

This is a new endeavor for me and I look forward to see everyone enjoying to shoot a very fun event.So please be patient with us as we get this Extreme FT off the ground. We also welcome any volunteers that would like to help. This will be a SHOOTERS!!!! match. This means that the majority will have the power of change. Communication is the key for this idea to be a success. So please let me know of any ideas or critiques you have. I also want to let you know your email address will NOT be sold or given to anyone or any businesses. If you do NOT want to receive my emails just let me know and I will remove your email address. I appreciate you taking the time to read and respond to this email.

Thank-you

Benjamin D Spencer

480-694-6973 text or leave message

Shooters will shoot from a seated (bucket provided if needed) position with a bi-pod (provided if needed). Shooter will be required to hit kill zones from 1" up to 3” to get animal to fall. The shooter will have 3 minutes (timed) to complete 4 shots (2 per animal) per lane. There will be 10 lanes with 2 animals in each lane. This will be a 40 shot match. Any ties will be settled by shoot off (time permitting) or longest streak. Distances will be given, animals from 25-100 yards.

You can register for this event on Practiscore.com HERE. You must have or create a free account to register.

Questions for the match can be directed to the match director by EMAIL.

We are going to have 2 side matches this month also!! The dreaded KYL and the Hostage targets for the afternoon match.
IMG_2176.1619103415.jpg
IMG_2365.1619103478.jpg

Ben, I appreciate all the hard work you put into the EFT but...

This is very confusing to me. In the OP it is stated the early round is for 20 ft lb only and this is what has been stated all along. The point that some people wanted the challenge of trying their normal FT rifle at extreme. then later in the thread you state all rifles can be used in either time slot. Ben as the director of the match you can do what ever you want but when you keep changing things right before the matches it’s very frustrating especially when you state this is a shooters match.

I thought we were shooting Extreme and the regular FT was a fun thing to add. Is this going to turn into something more. Now you are allowing a practice match before the real match with the HP rifles. That was not what the intent was, at least I thought. 

Thanks for the gentle response.

I understand that you you want everyone to have fun and chance to shoot. I think everyone has that opportunity without changing things up at the last minute. Maybe you should consider taking notes so you can remember what you have committed to or get a secretary. Haha My only reasoning is when we are paying $23 to shoot I as a member would like consistency. Giving locals an opportunity to practice before the match seems unfair to me. Also, are the targets getting repainted after they get shot up in the morning session? The difficulty of seeing your pellet hits is hard enough now you are adding an additional factor to the extreme. At least when the targets start out clear one has a small chance of seeing your pellet hits. 

For the morning session I had little interest in using my 19 fpe PCP rifle but I definitely would like to use my 22rf! 

For the main match I'll use my higher power pcp with pellets.

Ben, since I live at 6500ft elevation I haven't had a chance to test my longer distance dope with my pcp down in Phoenix yet. Can we use that 100Y range where we have the meeting to check dope this time around before the morning match starts?

Fun Match and congrats to Sandy C! Congrats Mike S for winning 20 fpe!

I got to shoot the 22rf in the morning match, man I did enjoy that. Much more my style because of the high hit ratio. Way easier than shooting pellets yet still challenging in the wind. 

I'm STILL having a tough time figuring out the wind with pellets though darnit, it can be frustrating. But a vote was cast and won for trying streamers/surveyors tape out on the course in a few places at the next match so that'll be a neat experiment to try and I hope it increases our scores. 

Thanks Steve, I really appreciate that. I really love shooting extreme. Sorry Surely didn’t do better for you. 

I have been working at learning wind and hold off with my new scope and it seems to be helping me. I for one am not enthusiastic about streamers but I understand your frustration at not being able to shoot higher scores. You want to get answers to understanding the wind and that seems to be a way to get the answer. The problem is if you do shoot better with streamers then what? Streamers are not going to be used monthly. The vote was for one time. I hope you find what your looking for. 

Sandy

Congratulations Sandy!! You kicked our butts Again!! Bobby is going to have to put thumb prints on the front glass of your scope!!! You did a good job and are to be commended for it! The wind out there is tough and switches all the time. Maybe one day Steve and I will get Surely and Black Betty figured out and give you a run for your money!! Again Great Shooting

Mike

Thanks Steve, I really appreciate that. I really love shooting extreme. Sorry Surely didn’t do better for you. 

I have been working at learning wind and hold off with my new scope and it seems to be helping me. I for one am not enthusiastic about streamers but I understand your frustration at not being able to shoot higher scores. You want to get answers to understanding the wind and that seems to be a way to get the answer. The problem is if you do shoot better with streamers then what? Streamers are not going to be used monthly. The vote was for one time. I hope you find what your looking for. 

Sandy

Airgun drama, lol!

Ha, "I hope you find what you are looking for" and "Sorry SURELY didn't do better for you". A LITTLE SNARKY this morning 😆 

Are you miffed because I dared to ask a vote about streamers? As Ben keeps mentioning this EFT is the people's match and it could end up being normal using streamers which would help our scores to some extent, I'm guessing picking up 5 hits per match on average??? It's obvious even with 3" KZ's past 75Y that we all struggle in the wind! I think in time you would see the value in it like when shooting long distances during BR comps. 

Not SURELY's fault that's for SURE, lol! It'd help if I had filled the gun in time since Mike S started using it too towards the end of the match, but when I filled just prior to the last lane I got all 4 hits on it, that'd be lane 3. I messed with the HS but I forgot to measure how far out it was set to the way Mike N sent it to me, and now I think I'm using too much air??? Been real windy up here so I haven't shot the whole fill over the chrono recently, instead rushing out to get practice when it's not so windy. 

I've been practicing when I can but I'm not guessing the wind that well down there, I think I'm aiming too far out but not sure??? since I can't see where I'm missing I wouldn't know anyway, nevertheless I'll get better as time goes by. It's probably how the wind is at my place vs down at PR&GC since it's a full value wind quite often??!! As well taking into account this is only the 2nd time using SURELY at EFT, got a whopping 1000 pellets through it now BTW, approx 200 of that for offhand practice. My offhand shooting has improved more which showed this weekend by cleaning that lane in both the morning and afternoon matches, so there's that 😉