Extreme Cold BC Data, .25 Cal JSB Heavy, Mk I - ugh, Almost....

Alright guys, I decided to brave the insanely cold temps (-15F, this afternoon) to get the data point for my .25 cal RAW (polygon barrel) to add to the temp data collected in other threads, but I need your help to finish this up. Normally, I would use the desktop version of Chairgun to calculate the BC's from the velocity differences, but I've run into a snag: chairgun (both versions-iPhone and desktop) limit the temp range down to -4F (wussies!)!!! Ugh-are you kidding me?!?!

You have to understand the numerous problems I had to get this data and share it: first, my iPad was fully charged and connected to the 51 yard Caldwell chrony via bluetooth (after my loving wife ran through 18 inches of snow to set it up for me-and came back with her thighs frozen and bright red after about 3 minutes running there and back, setting it up!). Then, after gathering 11 shots worth of data-Bam! iPad screen goes blank (the iPad FROZE!-literally!). What, are you kidding me?!?!? I know it had plenty of charge, because when I plugged it back in, the ipad evenutally came back up with 83% charge left. Next, when the iPad came back to life-the screen briefly showed my data collected, and then the Caldwell app reset-DELETING ALL my 51 yard data in the process (since the app 'crashed')! The only reason I have the data is because my wife was texting me the data from the near chronograph (because the wire had frozen and wasn't showing the chrony as 'connected' to my iphone like it normally does!)-she happened to type in about 9 data points at 51 yards, along with the data she was recording (manually) at 1 yard. I filled in the rest because there were several readings I recall seeing through my scope that didn't show up in her list-so I got a full 12 data points, even if not my 'ideal, anal way'.

Then we rush to get the equipment inside to thaw out (and get us inside too!). Only to find out that frickin' Chairgun decides nobody is insane enough to shoot below -4F temps!

So, I need some help this time...

Does anyone know a BC calculator that uses velocity and distance, has a 'GA' shape option, and goes down to -15F and/or uses Density Altitude to calculate environment (-4,368 ft)?

Here's the data:

1548894191_780157705c523fef114516.97544157_BC Data at -15F RAW .25 Cal.jpg

Once I get a number that is confirmed correct, I'll update the data in my other thread tracking BC vs environmental conditions.

And for the record: sorry, there wasn't enough ambient light to test at -25F ambient conditions this morning (and I had to work also)-so I don't have that data point to share with the community. Sorry if that disappoints anyone, LOL...

Sean

Reactions: CampFussell
Well, all that is bad about living in California, at least we have the weather. It was about 70 degrees here today in Nor Cal. Feel bad for you guys! I heard today on the News that there are places in the Mid West that are colder than Antarctica! That's Crazy. Love to hear the data if you ever get it! Keep Warm out there Sean.

Stoti