• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Extreme booster pump arrived

06BAC753-5FBC-452F-BF1C-6284A7B2EC12.1612408567.jpeg
42E89F4E-B7DA-4DD0-8A73-5A925DC11140.1612408602.jpeg
Ordered the pump few weeks ago and here she is! Very nice build quality, almost silent in operation, small compact design and seems to work well. Used one mid sized guppy tank with about 2800 psi to fill 1 rifle and 1 pistol from about 1800psi to 4500psi.I think it was about 7 strokes or button presses to fill.the rifle I did not check to see what was left in the guppy tank, but I will. Highly recommend 

Reactions: Hornclayton
"I did not check to see what was left in the guppy tank, but I will."

This is the key. Just how much do we get out of a tank that's already below 3000 psi.

Thanks

Is Della your Lab?
Checked gauge tonight when I got home from work. Shows 1800 psi on gauge.

Thanks Doc. Sounds like it burns it pretty quick. But at least you get to use it.

Yes, Della is my girl. Sadly she passed a few months ago. Love Labs. 

"I did not check to see what was left in the guppy tank, but I will."

This is the key. Just how much do we get out of a tank that's already below 3000 psi.

Thanks

Is Della your Lab?
Checked gauge tonight when I got home from work. Shows 1800 psi on gauge.

Thanks Doc. Sounds like it burns it pretty quick. But at least you get to use it.

Yes, Della is my girl. Sadly she passed a few months ago. Love Labs.

Sorry to hear about your Della, cannot replace a dogs love. We love labs also They are our number 1 when it comes to family dogs.. But we share our love and have Akita’s also. 
I will do a more accurate test this weekend at the range weather permitting. I could have been off last night, as the gauge on the guppy tank is small, it was late and I am old.

I know nothing about these so please be gentle.

Is 4500psi as high as it goes, or could it be used to fill a Huben k1 to 5000psi.

It is only rated for 4500psi. https://hardairmagazine.com/news/how-to-use-the-extreme-booster-pump/  note fourth pic down...

GsT

I tried that link, from my iPad it is broken. But I did find this and can probably find more info when I have more free time. Not sure if you can read the small print, but Brent the person who builds the booster talks about boosting his tanks to 5000 psi and his guppy tank to 5000 psi. He mentions it more then once.

D61896A1-7E1C-44EF-9770-82894204E570.1612483180.png

I know nothing about these so please be gentle.

Is 4500psi as high as it goes, or could it be used to fill a Huben k1 to 5000psi.

It is only rated for 4500psi. https://hardairmagazine.com/news/how-to-use-the-extreme-booster-pump/  note fourth pic down...

GsT

I tried that link, from my iPad it is broken. But I did find this and can probably find more info when I have more free time. Not sure if you can read the small print, but Brent the person who builds the booster talks about boosting his tanks to 5000 psi and his guppy tank to 5000 psi. He mentions it more then once.

D61896A1-7E1C-44EF-9770-82894204E570.1612483180.png

Sorry, looks like I snagged a little extra in my cut-n-paste. Link fixed.

GsT

Wow - this is really pretty cool. Seems to be using the same concepts at the Altaros booster, which I ordered a few days ago as my F10 is needing more frequent work to keep it running. Instead of a solenoid automating the airflow switches, it's done manually here a few times with a big green button.

Sean,

I had not seen the Altaros booster until I had already ordered the Extreme pump. I ordered the pump and a .457 rifle together. The Altaros B2B seems more refined and an excellent choice. 

I know the Extreme pump requires no electricity at all, none, nothing. I think the Altaros needs electrical connection. I plan on using the pump at the range and field where electric might not be an option. Although I do have a generator in that RV you saw me in.