• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Events EXTREME BENCH REST MEXICO 2019 IS HAPPENING NOW

1555523362_1256364125cb767224ae3f4.10741074_LOGO EBR MEXICO.JPG

OFFICIAL PAGE 

www.ebrmexico.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cejl4EEdxLg&t=3s

What are Mexico's rules regarding air guns? I know up to .22 cal are sold , but are there restrictions on LDCs and optics? I have been told at the border crossing to not bring optics into Mexico. All my "importations " have been without observation by authorities. I emailed the EBR Mex. site but got no reply. I have some info from a Mexican website with some info regarding transporting air guns here, they suggest a letter authorizing your ownership be verified by a letter from a local authority in Mexico. Would love to hear from long time Mexican airgunners their experiences and opinions. Perfectly normal to hear vastly different experiences from contact with authorities here. I know there are differences regarding firearm ownership in urban or rural areas. I wonder if there are different rules for the states of Baja California and Sinaloa ? Tom

What are Mexico's rules regarding air guns? I know up to .22 cal are sold , but are there restrictions on LDCs and optics? I have been told at the border crossing to not bring optics into Mexico. All my "importations " have been without observation by authorities. I emailed the EBR Mex. site but got no reply. I have some info from a Mexican website with some info regarding transporting air guns here, they suggest a letter authorizing your ownership be verified by a letter from a local authority in Mexico. Would love to hear from long time Mexican airgunners their experiences and opinions. Perfectly normal to hear vastly different experiences from contact with authorities here. I know there are differences regarding firearm ownership in urban or rural areas. I wonder if there are different rules for the states of Baja California and Sinaloa ? Tom

hola disculpen la demora pero he estado muy ocupado. de pueden introducir a mexico los rifles de aire sin ningún problema, no existe restricción alguna, solo las miras telescópicas requieren un permiso pero puedes solicitar ese permiso en el consulado mexicano de tu ciudad con la información del evento y listo no hay problemas. de ser posible solo ten a la mano la factura o nota de compra de tu rifle al momento de transitar por carreteras mexicanas en caso de algún reten policiaco, en mexico las armas de aire no cuentan con ninguna restricción. saludos

hola disculpen la demora pero he estado muy ocupado. de pueden introducir a mexico los rifles de aire sin ningún problema, no existe restricción alguna, solo las miras telescópicas requieren un permiso pero puedes solicitar ese permiso en el consulado mexicano de tu ciudad con la información del evento y listo no hay problemas. de ser posible solo ten a la mano la factura o nota de compra de tu rifle al momento de transitar por carreteras mexicanas en caso de algún reten policiaco, en mexico las armas de aire no cuentan con ninguna restricción. saludos

hello sorry for the delay but I've been very busy. can enter the air rifles without a problem, there is no restriction, only the telescopic sights require a permit but you can request that permission in the Mexican consulate of your city with the information of the event and there are no problems. If possible, just have your rifle invoice or purchase note at the time of transit on Mexican roads in case of a police checkpoint, in Mexico the air weapons have no restrictions. regards

Don't forget your $500 pesos or so to pay off cops or military if you get pulled over. If they see your high money equipment or know you are there for that event you may have to bribe your way out of the situation. Unfortunately it's how things(I hate using this word) works in the majority of the world.Of course a golden tongue in the native dialect may work better.

Alvaro, could we get that answer translated to English ? Sounds like no restrictions but something about scopes ? Thanks. Tom

here in mexico we don't have any restriction for airguns, calibers or accessories only for scopes to be imported, once a scope is in mexico there's no problem and there's no restriction to have one, to come to mexico with your Ari rifle gear you need to go to the medican embassy and ask for a permission to do a temporary import for your scope and that's it. cheers buddy

Good luck with the event Alvaro!! 

Here'e a pic of one of the trophies that will be handed out at the end of this event! Please excuse the washed out color. I'll be posting one or two a day over the course of the event. For those interested, I'll also be posting these pics and more info on my fb page "Tomcat Airguns"

Happy Shooting,

Tom

1556221494_15046823265cc20e365888c2.49409064_IMG_8320.jpg

One of our 25 meter members travels back and forth between Socal and Mexico all the time. He (Gabe Valenzuala) is going to the match and told us to make sure you have multiple copies of your permits, bill of sale etc.. all the paperwork because many times an agent wants copies to cover his ass if something happens. He also mentioned that he went to three Mexican consulates including the main in downtown LA and they were no help. He ended up going to a Mexican military post as they have the forms and jurisdiction. He is Spanish speaker and said that he pitied anyone not patient or bilingual. 

He also said that the US Customs agents have a form to use for the temporary transfer of the scope.

I am repeating what he told us and there certainly may be differences so don't take this information for anything other then his experience. Hope this is of some help. 

Gabe if you are reading this maybe you can pipe in and help correct anything I may have messed up.

Mexico has a very proud culture. So, to add a special touch to these, and to signify the first year of EBR-Mexico, I added the Mexican flag colors to every piece! 🇲🇽 

This one has some very special wood in the center. It can only be found in a large ~3'+ dia. tree that has also been exposed to a disease which discolors the wood giving it reddish streaks. Again, the pics don't do it justice.

1556327663_6941956425cc3acef8ed896.60702425_IMG_8321.jpg

1556328006_3399089145cc3ae46a70160.97601280_IMG_7970.jpg

1556327664_16153024645cc3acf050bb61.69265933_IMG_8322.jpg