Extreme Bench Rest 2023 will be held on Oct 5th-8th!

Eft Grand Prix shooters are given first chance to enter because the championship is at EBR, That is 80 of the 150 spots available
The other 70 filled in 5 min.

This is from AOA,
Don't shoot the messenger
Dave is correct... I think its 160 (and 80 signed up in 5 minutes), but who's counting? We can only host 80 shooters for the EFT event that first day. And as has been posted online now for well over a year, those that participate in the EFT GP events get "first dibs" to sign up for EBR.

We only had two EFT GP events this year prior to the sign up, and there is one more at Utah mid-August. The MDs for that match put out the word to sign up, and those names that signed up and paid for that EFT GP event (and said they were coming to EBR) we also added to the list. Unfortunately, there were some that through either forgetfulness or procrastination, signed up late for the Utah EFT GP and were not included in the early sign up. You snooze, you lose I think is the common phrase.

As this sport is growing rapidly (or BIGLY as my favorite politician says), and we'll have at least SIX EFT GP events next year, the early sign-up requirements will change. More than likely only the top 25%- ish finishers for each EFT GP event will be awarded early sign up at EBR, but that is TBD.

Last edited:
Reactions: gh6airgunner
Maybe top 10 percent get early registration? Give more chances for everyone else to get a shot at EBR or another major event. But in reality you need to be on your computer at the opening time to get a chance to get in. If you are slacking, you are out..
There was another issue discussed in the first reply, the EGR registration date was not announced, at least not on AGN.

There’s nothing really to get fired up about as long as you keep things in perspective. The greatest pellet gun guy or YouTube airgun guy on the planet is less significant than the dentist or barber at the end of my street. Don’t put people on pedestals that don’t belong on one.
My post has nothing whatsoever to do with putting someone on a pedestal.....it's the fact that they are creating an illusion that any average joe can go buy one of the top tier airguns and practice with it and come out and compete for a purse of 20,000.00.....knowing very well that they will have a very slim chance of even getting in the competition........ It's simple human nature....it's all about the MONEY !!!!!

Reactions: Raider03
It's never going to change. There are only so many spots and most of them were already filled by those premier/good old boys club shooters before registration started. Just accept that, it's no different than any other sport or discipline. The only way to make it truly fair and above reproach would be putting all the pro's in one hat and all the sportsman in one hat and draw names for benches and let the chips fall where they may. But the big boys would get butt hurt if THEIR names weren't drawn...and we just can't have that.

Reactions: DBlue
It's never going to change. There are only so many spots and most of them were already filled by those premier/good old boys club shooters before registration started. Just accept that, it's no different than any other sport or discipline. The only way to make it truly fair and above reproach would be putting all the pro's in one hat and all the sportsman in one hat and draw names for benches and let the chips fall where they may. But the big boys would get butt hurt if THEIR names weren't drawn...and we just can't have that.
That's the way they do it, pro or sportsman show up at registration (at the event) draw your bench number out of a bag or hat....

An energetic person could easily start a sanctioning body and promote 100y pellet competitions purely for the sake of competition….but very few would attend. Ebr is popular, 100y pellet shooting is not.

Without the prize money…there is almost no 100y pellet competition in the USA.
Surely you don't believe it's ALL about the money..😆 or the expected revenue generated before, during, and after the event.😉

Reactions: DBlue
Surely you don't believe it's ALL about the money..😆 or the expected revenue generated before, during, and after the event.😉
In all honesty I would be content with placing status. If I won first place and that qualified me to compete at a higher level that’s what it’s all about for me. The whole thing of formulating a plan, putting it in action, and seeing the results is plenty prize enough for me!
No prize moneys were given to us when we were kids competing in high school and club ball events. Just knowing your high school won state or the regional championships was prize enough, right? Tell me you weren’t proud to see a pic of yourself and your team mates holding the winner’s trophy in the local paper, front page. No need for stinking prize money!!

Reactions: balver
In all honesty I would be content with placing status. If I won first place and that qualified me to compete at a higher level that’s what it’s all about for me. The whole thing of formulating a plan, putting it in action, and seeing the results is plenty prize enough for me!
No prize moneys were given to us when we were kids competing in high school and club ball events. Just knowing your high school won state or the regional championships was prize enough, right? Tell me you weren’t proud to see a pic of yourself and your team mates holding the winner’s trophy in the local paper, front page. No need for stinking prize money!!
Exactly. I’d shoot those events if there was no prize money.

Hey everybody,

I can’t comment on the registration/selection process as the complexity of hosting a major event is mind-boggling, but I do feel responsible for sharing important News with you.

I was not given any information regarding the registration of this event. The information we provided was derived from the Extreme Benchrest IG account https://www.instagram.com/extremebenchrest/

It looks like the official announcement was made on Saturday July 22nd that registration would open on Monday July 24th at 10a.m.

Screen Shot 2023-07-28 at 1.10.39 PM.jpeg

Had we seen this sooner we certainly would’ve given y’all a reminder!

-Michael

Reactions: SoCalAirrifles
Hey everybody,

I can’t comment on the registration/selection process as the complexity of hosting a major event is mind-boggling, but I do feel responsible for sharing important News with you.

I was not given any information regarding the registration of this event. The information we provided was derived from the Extreme Benchrest IG account https://www.instagram.com/extremebenchrest/

It looks like the official announcement was made on Saturday July 22nd that registration would open on Monday July 24th at 10a.m.

View attachment 376403

Had we seen this sooner we certainly would’ve given y’all a reminder!

-Michael
Is it possible that AOA and EBR can not post on AGN currently?

• Wow
Reactions: gh6airgunner
This has been a bit of an interesting read and certainly educational. I tend to be competitive by nature. I’ve shot a couple of local powder burner series in the southeast. I’ve also raced RC boats and planes and flown precision aerobatics. I did all of these things as long as they were fun and the people were good to be around. I didn’t mind putting in the work and spending the money and for the most part finished well. Then more than a few of the shooters became jerks. The RC plane events got ridiculously expensive and in the mortality rate in racing was nuts. The people running the boat events made the whole thing such a pain it wasn’t worth the trouble. I finally found airguns and had no idea how far they had come and what’s available. Yeah there are pro and sponsored shooters and as long as there’s money in the game that won’t change. As a sport shooter though I can practice in my back yard with a rifle I spent less thank $1k to buy and setup. With a little work I can place reasonably well at CMP matches and have fun doing it. Based on my reading here, limiting registration to mostly high end shooters will kill it. A lot of people will spend decent money and put in time preparing and practicing. They generally have to go to work too. Mow the grass, wash the cars and raise a family. Most people will only go to limited trouble to participate before they decide golfing, boating and 50 other things are less trouble, often less expensive and more family friendly. These big events might do well to think about how many potential shooters just won’t bother. I’ll get up at 5 am on Saturday to drive 100 miles to shoot and pay an entry fee as long as it’s a positive experience.

Rick H.