Extreme Bench Rest 2023 will be held on Oct 5th-8th!

Just some input from a sponsored Pro Class shooter… In order to get a shooters slot it has to be offered up by the company organizing the event, the amount you donate indicates how many slots you’ll get. Last year the team/companies I shoot for were sponsors and did not get any shooter slots, and they donated quite a bit. This year majority of the sponsors still haven’t received their sponsor packets yet which I’m guessing that means no shooters slots for their shooters, but I hope I’m wrong. Most of the events were filled by the people that were able to get in through pre registration which opened the Saturday before open to the public. Pre registration was offered to people who participated in any of the Extreme Field Target events put on by AoA, or if you’re a Daystate shooter, I’d guess any other teams that AoA supports as well. So yes there’s going to be a lot of regulars not making it this year, including myself. And as far as the time it took to fill the complete event when it opened to the public it was 2-3 minutes and most of these people will only be signed up for one event maybe two if they got lucky.
Well, closet behind the scenes news, that the normal public won’t ever know about. I don’t plan on ever shooting a Daystate rifle so that’s probably another notch against me.
I’m actually still waiting for a regular joe such as myself to tell me/us that he was able to get registered....

So, Mr inkedshooter, share with me how you obtained pro status? I’m a simple man, and if you outline a path I’ll follow it. Did you score in the top two at a sportsman’s class event?(ebr’s requirement for competing in pro)

Last edited:
Well, closet behind the scenes news, that the normal public won’t ever know about. I don’t plan on ever shooting a gaystate rifle so that’s another notch against me and a lot of others.

Someone better tell Lauren Parsons to quit with the videos telling ALL to come out, and BRING WHAT YA GOT cause it’s all a big fib. Or have the script changed to say “Come out and watch!”

I’m actually still waiting for a regular joe such as myself to tell me/us that he was able to get registered....
A friend of mine that’s a Sportman class shooter was able to sign up for one event and is on the waiting list for another. I agree with a comment made earlier that at some point this will be an invite only event within the next couple years, but again I hope I’m wrong.

@Bigragu anyone can sign up for Pro Class. The top 3 finish “rule” means the following year you’re automatically put into Pro Class, but I’ve seen what should be Pro Class shooters still hanging out in Sportsman. A few years ago I made it a goal of mine to make it onto a team. It took some time, making sure you’re attending as many events as you can, have a good attitude, get to know some people and let them get to know you a little, then after that I started asking around and was lucky enough to get a spot on a team that’s been a huge support of our sport/hobby.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoCalAirrifles
Well, closet behind the scenes news, that the normal public won’t ever know about. I don’t plan on ever shooting a gaystate rifle so that’s another notch against me and a lot of others.

Someone better tell Lauren Parsons to quit with the videos telling ALL to come out, and BRING WHAT YA GOT cause it’s all a big fib. Or have the script changed to say “Come out and watch!”

So, Mr inkedshooter, share with me how you obtained pro status? I’m a simple man, and if you outline a path I’ll follow it. Did you score in the top two at a sportsman’s class event?(ebr’s requirement for competing in pro)

I told you so.

0A74D458-CCBE-4E64-A6A4-446FFAB3B39C.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: tibor and qball
A friend of mine that’s a Sportman class shooter was able to sign up for one event and is on the waiting list for another. I agree with a comment made earlier that at some point this will be an invite only event within the next couple years, but again I hope I’m wrong.

@Bigragu anyone can sign up for Pro Class. The top 3 finish “rule” means the following year you’re automatically put into Pro Class, but I’ve seen what should be Pro Class shooters still hanging out in Sportsman. A few years ago I made it a goal of mine to make it onto a team. It took some time, making sure you’re attending as many events as you can, have a good attitude, get to know some people and let them get to know you a little, then after that I started asking around and was lucky enough to get a spot on a team that’s been a huge support of our sport/hobby.
@ inked shooter- I came in 3rd at the last RMAC sportsman’s class, and the year before I wasn’t even in the top 50. I held top spot in my heat after the qualifiers. I spent a lot of time along with $$ to get that far. My goal was to go to EBR and kick a$$ and “earn” my right to compete at pro level, wether sponsored or not. I don’t need anyone paying my way along with my expenses.
If that first place guy, whose the top shooter for his country, would’ve been allowed to shoot pro(he was turned down, supposedly), that meant I would’ve finished second. Not bragging, just letting you know that hard work mixed with tenacity can do wonders.
But, it’s kinda hard to go prove yourself and advance when there’s no room to go play against the big boys, know what I mean?

Last edited:
Reactions: Raider03 and qball
One thing that I know is EVERYONE that got a spot was signed up as “waiting list” for the EFT event. There are only 80 spots for that, and those that participated in an EFT GP event get first dibs. AoA will go over everyone to see the EFT GP shooters get spots first, as advertised since last year - that should be no surprise to anyone.

Unfortunately the EFT GP is growing bigly and that almost covers all the spots. Next year we’ll have to do it differently. Something like top ten shooters, or top 20%, or something like that from an EFT GP event get early registration since there are only so many available.

All the big events are growing, RMAC was the same way this year as far as getting a spot. I have no idea for all the other events at EBR how quickly they filled up, like 100Y BR, 50Y BR, Speed Silo, Big Bore or Steel Scramble.

Anyone can sign up for Pro when they sign up. Sportsman pretty much the same unless you finished top 2 at that event or another major event the past year(s). I saw MANY shooters in Sportsman at RMAC this year that should have been shooting Pro. I think they leave it up to the integrity of the shooter to decide….

Last edited:
Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Well, I’ll take that last paragraph of yours, Mike, as a compliment, cause if there were many shooters at Sportsmans level that should’ve been shooting pro, then I guess I did all right
Yup, and whomever told you that they weren’t allowed to shoot Pro so they had to shoot Sportsman was blowing smoke up your a$$. You did great.
All these events are feeling growing pains from the sport exploding. I won Sportsman EBR in 2019 so had to shoot Pro. Did horrible at RMAC this year but finished 3rd Pro at EBR last year. Sometimes you have your mojo, sometimes not.

“Unfortunately the EFT GP is growing bigly and that almost covers all the spots. Next year we’ll have to do it differently. Something like top ten shooters, or top 20%, or something like that from an EFT GP event get early registration since there are only so many available.”

@Centercut I was talking with Bagakis and Corder about this last EBR. We were thinking if AoA could make EBR’s EFT a grand finale or “Championship” match, and leave the other events open, that would make a huge difference on how many people can get in or atleast have a better chance at signing up.

Lets try this again:

One thing that I know is EVERYONE that got a spot was signed up as “waiting list” for the EFT event. There are only 80 spots for that, and those that participated in an EFT GP event get first dibs. AoA will go over everyone to see the EFT GP shooters get spots first, as advertised since last year - that should be no surprise to anyone. The instructions sent out for the pre-registration specifically spelled this out but it appears some didn’t read the email.

So in even more plain English ALL Field Target showed up as Full Standby - FOR EVERYONE. See explanation above. The instructions sent out even for pre-registration spelled this out - but you had to actually read the email. 😉

Well it seems like a big cheat to me. I’ve bought 4 daystates from aoa and have never gotten an email notification for anything. And as far as pro’s shooting in sportsman that just seems to be another cheat i mean what the he$$ sportsman should be joe average coming to the event and pro should be the youtube guys and people who have shot in the top 10 or something. To me running an event like this is why they should stick it where the sun dont shine

After reading through this post, it is evident that all the Youtube hype etc. on the large shoots like RMAC etc. etc. is nothing but marketing and advertising for the MFG's and vendors involved in this sport....It's obvious that the average "Joe" doesn't have much of a chance to participate.

I have a completely different opinion now on this and I have lost a lot of respect for many that's involved....I definitely have a lot more to say on this but I know if I post it I would get banned from this site.......

After reading through this post, it is evident that all the Youtube hype etc. on the large shoots like RMAC etc. etc. is nothing but marketing and advertising for the MFG's and vendors involved in this sport....It's obvious that the average "Joe" doesn't have much of a chance to participate.

I have a completely different opinion now on this and I have lost a lot of respect for many that's involved....I definitely have a lot more to say on this but I know if I post it I would get banned from this site.......
There’s nothing really to get fired up about as long as you keep things in perspective. The greatest pellet gun guy or YouTube airgun guy on the planet is less significant than the dentist or barber at the end of my street. Don’t put people on pedestals that don’t belong on one.

Reactions: tibor