Extend a Mavrick day #1 testing.

Peashooter

Apr 9, 2021
Denmark
Not quite there yet, but the 700 mm barrel do give better vibes than the factory 600 mm.

This is 3/4 mag dump at 85M, in a fairly rapid mode.

3quater mag dump 85M.1649870509.jpg

Later i put up a paper a bit further back ( 88 M ) and made this 5 shot group on it, did not measure it but i would say 1 inch CTC

Best part the #3 on the paper was my aim point, and hit that with shot #1, which did freak me out a little

88M5SG.1649870591.jpg

Shooting 13.43 grain KO slugs. @ 940 FPS ( 85 M magdump ) and 904 FPS for the 88 M group, and might i add both with the FX chrono dangling on the barrel.

Yes there was a little wind coming from behind / Left, and we are shooting a little uphill at a 10 - 15 degree angle due to the terrain on my friends property.

Forgot my little tripod at home, thats why i had the chrono mounted on the barrel + the whole time was just experimenting with the rifle and pretending to be a lawnmower mechanic too, so running back and forth between things i dident even get around to take the damn thing off my barrel.

50M accuracy was better, holding 1/4 - 1/2 inch groups was no problem, also often had the good "where did my pellet go" problem ( same hole ) shooting at a fridge door at 50 M

I am going to try a bit higher reg pressure and shorter hammer time on Sunday, Yesterday i was shooting 100 BAR on the REG, i am going to try 120, also going to clean the barrel before that as i forgot to do that with the new barrel ( the factory 600 mm barrel on my Maverick was pretty dirty when i got it, maybe the same with the new 700 mm )

I was also shooting lubed slugs i will try dry ones on Sunday, also moving my scope forward 1 slot.

I am looking for a excuse to buy another scope, the vector optics on the Maverick i am not happy with in some way ( looking at the new Arken models )

Also tried MRD pellets, the dual transfer port do not like cambering those VS loading slugs where you can barely feel you chamber one, but the Maverick are going to be slugs only just had to try pellets too.

By good fortune the pin probe / power kit from Huma became in stock yesterday too, so ordered that last night.

You should see the 88 M "gong" it is a stainless kitchen sink put in a tree / bush, and it is dented all over from us shooting at twigs in front of it, by now there largely is a unobstructed view to it :)

It is also why the 88 M 5 shot group paper look so incoherent when you look at all the other holes on the paper. we really like to shoot twigs.

Will have to get some paint for the gong, cuz so many dents on it now you can hardly tell where you hit.