• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Explosive Pellets

Pellets by themselves have no power and cannot be "more powerful" in any sense.

The formula for Force=mass*acceleration*acceleration

Those pellets look to be cylindrical from what I could see. Not exactly the best shape for a high ballistic coefficient nor good for stability. IMHO, those are junk and would never get loaded in my airguns.

Reactions: Bandito
"JimNM"Pellets by themselves have no power and cannot be "more powerful" in any sense.

The formula for Force=mass*acceleration*acceleration

Those pellets look to be cylindrical from what I could see. Not exactly the best shape for a high ballistic coefficient nor good for stability. IMHO, those are junk and would never get loaded in my airguns.
Yes I know the formula for force and energy. If you read my post properly you can see I didn't ask if they were more powerful I asked if they are purported to be more powerful. Here is the definition of purported "to present, especially deliberately, the appearance of being; profess or claim, often falsely: a document purporting to be official. 2. to convey to the mind as the meaningor thing intended; express or imply. noun."
Also, anything that explodes on impact could potentially do more damage than solely what the impact does, as is the concept with any grenade, bomb, etc.

Reactions: Bandito
IMO exploding pellets negate the main reason I use air guns. They are quiet and use can shoot discreetly and the ammo is inexpensive. Possibly greater target damage in exchange for more cost and noise, poorer ballistics and accuracy, seems like a bad tradeoff. If I'm willing to accept the noise, why not use a PB that will do way more damage to the target.

Absolutely not necessary. H&N HPII's is all you need 😁

1000006175.jpg