Exploding Ukrainian Pellets vs. Super-Sonic Pellets - Video of Sound

Hello once again, Shooters!

I thought I'd do a little experiment with the Ukrainian Exploding Pellets to see if they are louder than a pellet going super-sonic speed. I did this shooting a full can to give the exploding pellet something to "pop" on. The second series of shots are using GTO pellets at super-sonic speed.

The Tracker Snake are shot from a Crosman 2240 PCP shooting them at 815FPS. The second set was using an Avenger at around 1100+FPS.

Here is a link to the video:

Just listening, you can't really tell much of a difference, but when looking at the audio tracks on my video editing software, you can see the noise rise relative to the impact on the exploding pellets, and with the super-sonic pellets, it is making the same amount of noise whether it hits the can or not. Here is a picture

ExplodingPelletVsSuper-SonicPellet_AudioComparrison_2022-08-22.jpg

In the picture, I note what the differences are in the audio media.

As you can see and hear, there isn't much difference in how loud the shot is, but looking at the audio tracts, you can tell that the sound is from the impact with the exploding pellets versus the consistent sound that you get from the super-sonic pellets.

Anyway, that is about all I have on this subject for the moment. I hope that this is interesting to you all.

Cheers!

Jonathan