Exploding Ukrainian Pellets - Accuracy Testing 5 Types on Video

Since this post only addresses the Ukrainian Exploding Pellets, and not the Russian brand, so I am starting a new post.

I have received in all five types that are listed on E-Bay that I have guns for, so those are the following:
  1. Point
  2. Ultima
  3. Falcon
  4. Raptor
  5. Snake
I've got a ton of data here, but to get us started, here is a link to the video that shows the tests:

On these, I shot the three lead-based pellets at 45 yards, and I listed the velocity within the video. The two non-lead pellets (Ultima and Point) were shot at 25 feet through a CO2 pistol.

Something to note is that the non-leaded pellets ricochet like BBs, so you have to make sure to wear safety glasses. Another thing to note is that the lead used on the leaded pellets is a pretty hard alloy because the pellets still held their shape after hitting steel at 12.8FPE. Here are a couple pictures of a Falcon after it detonated:
20220818_171132.jpg

20220818_171140.jpg

I have a bunch of pictures of the pellets and the OEM packaging and a few of the Point and Ultima that have been recovered (un-exploded and not), so let me know if you want to see any more pictures of this stuff.

I hope you enjoy this little test!

Cheers!

Jonathan

Here are some pictures of an exploded Ultima so that you know how much material will be flying back at you. Again, be careful with these at close range.
20220818_171905.jpg

Front view

20220818_171915.jpg

Back View

20220818_171928.jpg

Side View

This was shot from a CO2 pistol at about 400FPS at a solid steel object. The pellet didn't completely "splatter".

I hope that this helps you understand that you need to be safe around these. There is a lot of non-lead flying back at you from the targets with these pellets, and 400FPS is apparently on the margin for the Ultima pellets.

I shot the Ultima out of my Hatsan springer. To be honest, I am not sure if the pellet exploded on the target or on the way out of the barrel. My FX Chrony on high speed didn't even clock the pellet, so it must have been going over 1100FPS. I am normally shooting 10.3gr AA Heavy's at about 750FPS with this gun. Regardless, I was breaking the sound barrier while shooting an exploding pellet that is only 4.5gr, so it was REALLY loud and hard to tell what popped first at about 20 yards.

Anyway, I just wanted to add this little nugget from my testing.

Happy shooting!