• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Exploding pellets.

Geez, the poor guy asked where to get them, not for a lecture! They sell them on eBay, they are called FLASH&BANG pellets and they are from Russia. Not sure what their actual purpose is, other than making a small bang when hitting a target. I also don't know how accurate that are. More of a novelty then anything! Also looks like they only have them in .177. Personally, I don't think I'd want to send one down the barrel of one of my air rifles!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2553889.m570.l1313&_nkw=exploding+pellets&_sacat=0

Well I guess I'll have to go look at that acronym up because I don't know that one.

I saw some ads for pellets like these last year - and there are some that act like tracers as well.

I just wonder about plastic down the barrel and the possibility of one of these things going off while it's still in the barrel if it's a high-powered rifle. Maybe neither of these would be a problem I'd love to get a set of these and try them out sometime.

[IBTL means "in before the lock" it turns out. But it would be crazy to lock this thread - we are talking about little plastic toys that pop that are commercially available I don't think we're talking about lethal armor penetrating explosive rounds 😂 ]

Try the Varmint Knocker 34gr slugs! My son “exploded” a ground squirrel into two pieces at 135 yards with them!
1f61d.svg
1f602.svg
1f635.svg

Stoti

LOL

Fairly new airgunner but powder burner, reloader for 40+ years. First, exploding bullets for small arms is impractical. Nothing is gained by an exploding bullet and expanding/penetrating properties for bullets is a high tech, greatly engineered task. Engineers take a lot of time exploring how metals react under many different circumstances for hunting or SD bullets to perform well. Exploding on impact is only for fun, kinda like shooting tannerite. Some noise, maybe some smoke and a little flash, but no more lethal. You just don't glue a cap or primer on the front of a bullet and expect anything dramatic to happen, it won't. About the only use for "exploding" bullets is a military application for armor piercing/incendiary ammo...

But I gotta admit, when I was young and curious, I might have tried it...😉