• The buying, selling, trading, or gifting of a standalone airgun moderator is no longer supported in the Classified section. An airgun moderator may be included in your ad ONLY if it is "affixed" to the airgun. Please review the updated Classified Rules and Known Scammers List before engaging in ANY transaction.

(expired)2 carbon fiber LDC's with 1/2 x 20 threads free to first responders!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeilClague

Apr 1, 2015
I am making 2 carbon fiber LDC's with 1/2 inch x 20 threads to give away, the first 2 members to respond on here will get one each, this is only open to members of AGN so do not send me an e-mail asking for one, members only. This is for the continental USA and Hawaii only, I will pay priority mail shipping to the first 2 members who respond and say they would like one, all the best, Neil.

PS. send me a PM on the forum with your full name and address so that I can mail them 
MOD EDIT: This topic has been locked due to inactivity or since the ad is no longer necessary. Please contact a moderator if you would like it unlocked. 

Reactions: Rocky_in_TX
"NeilClague"Sorry you got in a bit too late Brewcity, keep an eye on the classifieds in the future since i do often have freebies to give to the air gun community, Travels4fun send me a PM with your info, I know I have it somewhere but I am so scatter brained I might send it to the wrong person, lol.
Sent. Thanks for your generosity!

Buzzwords that confuse
Besides using the term “moderator” instead of “silencer,” airgun retailers commonly use other buzzwords to confuse and sometimes hide what they’re selling. Let’s talk about a few of these.
• Bull barrel: A bull barrel (named for marksman Freeman R. Bull) is an extra-heavy barrel that steadies the gun and absorbs heat (in firearms) to keep things stable. Airguns do not have bull barrels today. A few target guns had them as late as the 1980s. When airguns have so-called bull barrels today, they’re just plastic shrouds over a thinner metal barrel. They have zero silencing effect.
• Air stripper: Some people who are new to the shooting sports call “compensators” air strippers. They are defining the part by what it does because they don’t know its true name. The purpose of a compensator is to vent compressed air away from the base of the pellet at the muzzle.
• Muzzlebrake: There’s no one definition for this term. Compensators are often called muzzlebrakes when they’re used on military firearms. Even battle tanks have them. But airgun muzzlebrakes tend to be inert barrel extensions that are also larger in diameter than the barrel. On some guns, these brakes extend back so far that the barrel looks like a bull barrel. Muzzlebrakes are commonly used to gain leverage on breakbarrels. Unless they have active baffles inside, muzzlebrakes are not silencers. When muzzlebrakes appear on pneumatic and CO2 guns, they can have baffles and function as silencers. If they can be removed from the gun and attached to a firearm, they fit the BATF&E definition of a silencer
• Lead dust collector (LDC): This is a not-too-clever attempt to hide an illegal silencer. The BATF&E has been on to this for years. You can call them anything you want (even decibel-reduction devices). But if they can quiet a firearm for even one shot, they’d be classified as a silencer.

(Taken From Pyramid Air)

Pheelgood you need to do some research before calling what I make illegal, there are too many back room lawyers in the airgun forums. Silencers on air guns are perfectly legal. There was a federal court ruling on this, I have had Sheriffs at my home and they have inspected my silencers on my airguns and even asked how they could get one. I have had attorneys and police officers all tell me that they are perfectly legal and are only illegal when they are altered for use on a fire arm and then it is the person who alters it and uses it that is breaking the law, so please do your home work before saying something is illegal. I have it on good, sound legal advice that they are legal! Neil.

By the way I actually have made them for police officers from Chicago and also for a couple of attorneys, I hardly think they would have me build something illegal for them!

No problem I just see too many posts on forums about how they are illegal, I did a lot of research before I started making them, especially since I live in CA and they are totally illegal here on fire arms. But I have no desire to go to jail for making something illegal so a lot of research was done before I made my first one. It is surprising that Pyramyd has not removed that out of date post since they send a lot of customers to me to have me build a silencer for them. The term LDC was one I used because it seemed to be the accepted term for them when I started to make them as a hobby, it was not to mislead anyone. The only problem is, like yourself there are a lot of people who are unaware of the court ruling, and that includes law officials, so if anyone contacts me and has doubts I ask them to print out a copy of the court ruling on my web site and carry it with them when they use their air gun with the silencer on it. That way if they are ever challenged by a police officer or game warden they have something to prove they are legal, all the best, Neil.

Status
Not open for further replies.