• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crosman Experiences with Crosman model 70?

AGN member Septicdeath made a thread and video about the model 70. He's pretty knowledgeable on them-

Reactions: genericAGuser
AGN member Septicdeath made a thread and video about the model 70. He's pretty knowledgeable on them-

Nice find, thanks. Watching it now

Reactions: Northwoods22
Nice find, thanks. Watching it now
This is a very valuable blog if you plan on rebuilding the 70. There are 3 parts.

CRS70-1.jpg

Last edited:
This is a very valuable blog if you plan on rebuilding the 70. There are 3 parts.

View attachment 421720

Thank you so much for that info. At $100 maybe, but the price is way higher and it doesn't work. I thought it might scratch the Alteros M24 itch until I win the lottery. I already have a crosman 1077w that has been reliable and does near the same performance wise.

Then there is this 99 for sale also. Any thoughts on how hard it is to rebuild one of those?

Neat looking gun. I wanted one until I handled one. Plastic Fantastic! Right then I was cured.
I used to be a valet parking attendant, plastic fantastic is what we called corvettes. I did read about the plastic barrel cover and that many don't hold up, maybe if I knew carbon fiber? But I dont. Was the stock plastic too?

Thank you so much for that info. At $100 maybe, but the price is way higher and it doesn't work. I thought it might scratch the Alteros M24 itch until I win the lottery. I already have a crosman 1077w that has been reliable and does near the same performance wise.

Then there is this 99 for sale also. Any thoughts on how hard it is to rebuild one of those?
The 99 is a much tougher beast to work on but is doable with patience. My favorite co2 rifle. Own two. One is a Crosman 99 the other a Montgomery Ward variant. The MW variant is nicer in every way.

20230807_124057~2.jpg

Reactions: genericAGuser