• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Experience with the new Crosman MAG-Fire Ultra multi-shot?

So I've been looking for an inexpensive ($200 or less), synthetic stock, break barrel rifle I can use quickly when I'm short on time or in foul weather, and I don't have to break out all the PCP gear, or worry about my more expensive PCP rifle. 

I'm looking at the new Crosman MAG-Fire Ultra multi-shot in .22 that comes with a cheap CP 3-9x40 AO scope (we'll see how long that lasts). It typically retails for $200+, but only $150 with free shipping from Crosman using the Airgun Nation discount. I can't find any in depth reviews, or find any discussion here about it.

It looks like a winner (for the price). Does anyone have any first hand knowledge about this rifle?

I have no experience with the rifle you are asking about but for that price range I'd go Air Guns Of Arizona and buy a German made Walther Parrus that is on sale for $149.99.

I'm a little gun shy of the possible torque/twist in a springer vs gas ram. Does the Walther produce this? I'm not familiar with the rifle. Also, I'm not sure how it sounds, but I can't stand the long 'DOING' sound some springers produce. I would return a rifle based on that alone.

Just make sure you don’t have any loose fillings before you shoot it! LOL. It killed two of my scopes until I finally put a shotgun scope on it 4X.

Are you referring to the Walther? I saw a review that it had a violent kick, but no TWANG.

Our perceptions of recoil are all different. I've never shot a Parrus but I find it a bit hard to believe you would get a "violent kick". That's at least for me anyway as I have a background in shooting large caliber powder burners.

Remember spring piston guns require a break in period and get better over time. You can also have them detuned to a lower power level.

Best of luck in what ever you decide.

Just make sure you don’t have any loose fillings before you shoot it! LOL. It killed two of my scopes until I finally put a shotgun scope on it 4X.

Are you referring to the Walther? I saw a review that it had a violent kick, but no TWANG.

Our perceptions of recoil are all different. I've never shot a Parrus but I find it a bit hard to believe you would get a "violent kick". That's at least for me anyway as I have a background in shooting large caliber powder burners.

Remember spring piston guns require a break in period and get better over time. You can also have them detuned to a lower power level.

Best of luck in what ever you decide.

1hanks, Moog. I meant violent in terms of air rifles only. I'm looking at the Walter now. Just need some more information to get a better understanding before purchasing.

So I ended up getting the Crosman MAG-Fire Ultra multi-shot .22 for three reasons. First, because I hastily ordered it, and even though I requested to cancel it right after, it shipped anyway (usually it takes Crosman a couple days before sending - go figure). Second, I ultimately wanted it to be an air gun I don't give a squat about ==> letting my 13 and 16 year-old nephews take it on their own when they explore the woods, shooting outside in poor weather, or having a very limited to shoot, etc. Third, if I got the Walther Parrus I know I would also end up buying a $100-200 scope, mounts, bipod, a suppressor (especially since it's already threaded for it), and I could only find it in wood, not synthetic...and then guess what? I would start to baby it.

I can't find ANY in depth reviews on this rifle, as it is new. I'll let everyone know what I think after having it awhile.

I will don't understand the fascination of the Parrus. Thought I wanted a Parrus, based on reviews should be good if not accurate. It hated everything I put in it. I gave it away for cost of shipping, could not get it to shoot. Two weeks later I see it in the classifieds... If you want a Walther springer that shoots, get a Terrus. First time shooters hitting suspended CDs at 40 yds. I heard that Umarex re stocked and renamed it...

I will don't understand the fascination of the Parrus. Thought I wanted a Parrus, based on reviews should be good if not accurate. It hated everything I put in it. I gave it away for cost of shipping, could not get it to shoot. Two weeks later I see it in the classifieds... If you want a Walther springer that shoots, get a Terrus. First time shooters hitting suspended CDs at 40 yds. I heard that Umarex re stocked and renamed it...

If the Parrus retails at $330 in wood stock, and being offered at $149, that should say something (Walther wants to get through what inventory they have). No doubt it's a good value at $149, but I feel it must have some quirks at that price as well. One airgun retailer told me they bought 300 units, and are making maybe $25 a unit at that price.

I bought the parrus last week, shot it everyday since, absolutely love this rifle. It is heavier than I like but for bench shooting, it doesn’t matter to me. A few things I noticed with mine, I must have gotten a good one, because I have shot several different pellets through it, AA, CPHP, Benjamin discovery, JSB’s. It loved all of them. It is loud, but I put a moderator on it and it helped. I have a 2-7x32ao hawke scope. I guess I lucked out. 

I've been interested in this gun for a while and sure would like to hear more about it. How's the accuracy and is the trigger as bad as most Crosman break barrels? Pellet info would be good to know and Chrony numbers. As you can see, I would like to see or read a good review of the rifle. Perhaps one will appear on You Tube in the future.

I was able to get a new Diana 54 for $400 so I didn't accept delivery of the Crosman MagFire, so it was returned to sender. I shot the 54 for the first time without a scope this past weekend and could hit a gallon jug consistently at about 100 yards. We could hit beer cans at 150 yds across a lake with my PCP Benjamin Cayden, and had one hit at 200 using a Hawke AirMax 3-9x40 scope. Curious to see what I could do with the 54 once it's broken in with a scope. 

Reactions: Keene