• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Experience with new GX CS3-I filling 85cu ft steel SCUBA bottle

Used my new GX CS3-I to fill my 85 cu ft steel scuba Bottle for the first time on Christmas Eve. Ran 20 minute fill/15 minute cooldowns. The compressor discharged thru a cheap small blue filter with the round foam “filters” and the more solid round stick insert. The compressor drained water into a plastic bowl, but a small hand towel would have been sufficient, since only a couple drops were collected. As the pressure on the bottle increased past 1,000psig, more water vapor was noticed from the bleed screw each time the bottle was closed, and the compressor depressured to zero. Even at 3,000psig, the water from the bleed screw was only a couple of drops and a small mist.
The compressor took longer to fill after reaching 1,000psig. I found out why, when checking the cheap air filter for water. Seems the factory left the male inlet quick-connect only hand tight, so the leaking threads were teflon taped and wrench tightened. The lack of a leak after the corrective action greatly increased the fill speed.
I filled the SCUBA bottle to 225bar.
The compressor ran continuously, either in compress cycle, or cooling cycle. I cycled it from a timer, 20 minutes compressing, 15 minutes cooling. The exhaust fans never indicated very much heat. The hour meter indicates the machine ran for 6.5 hours. Had I noticed the air filter fitting leak prior to starting the fill, I would have shaved a couple hours off the entire fill cycle.
The cheap blue filter elements were replaced at the 1,000psig mark. Two of the white foam filters showed dampness and a spot of oil in the center. The inlet quick connect had a wet inner o-ring, but the outlet was nice and dry. My setup is in my upstairs office, so 30% humidity on the high end @ 60F.
I am fortunate that previous owners soundproofed my large office for their rock band practice, since the compressor fans are noisy, even when the compressor is not running.
Amazon canceled my CS-4i compressor order, then sent me a CS3 model instead of a CS3-I model, but finally the CS3-I arrived. For $350, I am impressed with the little compressor, but I bought it as a disposable item. Amazon raised their prices about $100 immediately before Christmas, but at the $350 price point, it is a decent buy. I like the integrated 110V/Battery Inverter better than dragging separate inverter around, but since I have three air cylinders for the Pardini, and a SCUBA, I would have preferred a straight 120V setup.I’ll probably never use the battery hookups.
For those expecting a thorough Instruction Manual, you will be disappointed. The included manual is vague, very non-informative and lacking in detail. Pardini has a similarly useless Instruction Manual, and it costs $2,200.
Technical Writers and Interpreters are needed at GX and Pardini.🙄

Reactions: Bravo1956