Experience with manufacturers service

Anyone had to deal with service or warranty issues. What has been your experience what manufacturers and would you recommend.

Mine is been with airforce airguns and I had some issues with my talonp and even though it could be frustrating. Their costumer service and speed in resolving issues and sending you either parts or full gun swap outs it been superb. I forever will be a airforce airgun costumer for their ability to resolve issues right away.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brent
I had a Akela 177 cal. and wanted some parts, nada it is out of production (no parts to be had). Lucky me, still within warranty so they are sending a 22 cal. for replacement. It won't be sent till May 🤞 when they are getting their next shipment but that's not problem as I have to many anyways. This is the third time dealing with Crosman and all the ladies were very nice and helpful👍👍👍

Reactions: bf1956 and pcponly
Some years back I bought a Crosman break barrel in 5.5mm, I cannot remember the model. That thing could not shoot a 20 centimeter group at 15 meter with JSB, I tried other pellets as well that was even worse. I contacted the dealer who again contacted the importer / agent. The answer coming back after a long wait was that I must learn how to shoot. :mad: I told the dealer that I am shooting for all my life and I am going to send it back which I did. The rifle was then send to the importer who send it back to the dealer saying there was nothing wrong with it. I told the dealer to shoot with it himself and tell me what he thinks. He got the same results as I did and said he will send me another rifle which I refused and insisted on a refund. All this took 6 weeks since I send it back. I only had it for 3 days before sending it back. I am not willing to deal with an importer with such an attitude towards guarantee and after sales service. I will NEVER buy a Crosman again and will NEVER recommend it to anybody else. It is not about the rifle but the attitude of the importer.

I then bought a Gamo Magnum in 5.5mm from another dealer and from day 1 it shot one hole groups at 25 meter with JSB. After more than a year I was walking in the rain and then took of the stock to dry it. I saw scratch marks on the gas piston and contacted the dealer the next morning. The same day he came back to me with and answer from the importer that I can send the rifle back for a new one if I feel uncomfortable with it but if not they will exchange it when something goes wrong afterwards. I opted to keep the rifle and now after a few years nothing went wrong and it is still shooting great. I will buy and recommend a Gamo to friends anytime, which I did a few times on which they did buy it.

Last edited:
I think you will find that answers vary greatly. Many high quality makers are European, so dealing with them directly can be very time consuming and expensive. Most service is directed to US distributors, the quality of which can also vary greatly. Unlike an auto dealer, there is no uniform body of requirements for technical expertise or parts inventory. Question the dealer in detail about service, because that is often your only practical option.

Reactions: pcponly
I know everyone’s experience is different, butI have never had a negative experience with Crosman. I recently had an issue with my SAM, called them, got an rma and they paid shipping to and return. Turn around was three weeks and it got here performing good as new. The staff was helpful, treated me with respect and did their best to satisfy the customer. Thanks Crosman!

The connection with the manufacturer and the vendor is important. First choose manufacturer and model and then choose vendor. I would even change the manufacturer and model if all the vendors sucked. I bought a HW 35E that shot great and I think it only has a 1 yr warranty from the manufacturer. 3 years later, it shot like crap with various scopes. Took it apart but could not get it back together. Sent the mess to AOA fully expecting to pay for the repair. They cleaned it up, cleaned the very dirty barrel and tested it with their scope and it shot great. They sent it back with the test target for no charge saying repair covered by warranty. They even paid the freight. I got to talk to the tester and went over what went wrong, what I did and what they did in the repair. I did not scope it when I got it back so not sure what was the problem. I fell in love with shooting it with iron sights as one member here suggested the gun was set up for iron sights so ditched to scope. It shoots great., I would pick a manufacturer, model and a established large vendor with excellent reviews like AOA and others where majority of repairs are done in their shop.