Experience with GX Pump L3?

If you can find out what the recommended cylinder lube is, the GX pump is pretty good overall. I have two and abused them regularly, both of my pumps came with loose wiring at the breakers which cause the RPM's to fluctuate, and intermittent shutting off before reaching pressure, this is easy to fix! I also lost a wrist pin clip yesterday, on the newer of the two pumps, and that broken clip did a bit of damage to the piston. Keep up with your maintenance and avoid things like starting while under pressure and you will be very happy with the pump.

I bought our original GX C2 compressor with the extra three year warranty just in case and now two and a half years in still no problems. I just purchased their GX CS3-1 for $415.00 on a cyber deal with only their one year warranty, no extra warranty $$. One of these GX will be a home unit and the other GX a very mobile traveler - field unit.
Before our first GX purchase we had a stationary Yong Heng unit which was a great improvement over our tanks or hand pumps. But the need for a shopping cart to move it and it's old oil replacement, cold water waltz got old very fast. :cool:

If you can find out what the recommended cylinder lube is, the GX pump is pretty good overall. I have two and abused them regularly, both of my pumps came with loose wiring at the breakers which cause the RPM's to fluctuate, and intermittent shutting off before reaching pressure, this is easy to fix! I also lost a wrist pin clip yesterday, on the newer of the two pumps, and that broken clip did a bit of damage to the piston. Keep up with your maintenance and avoid things like starting while under pressure and you will be very happy with the pump.
“If you can find out what the recommended cylinder lube is, the GX pump is pretty good overall.”

I would love to know what lube they use. I think I’ve found something similar but not 100% sure. I believe I’ve found the gear lube to use.

Looking at this to bring with me on the many trips I take as it looks to be self sufficient. Not looking to fill a tank, just the gun itself as a backup when tank runs low. Looking for first hand experience with this model in particular? Thanks

I have a GX CS3 which is the same compressor but without the rechargeable batteries. The water trap is very efficient. As a telltale I added a small inline water trap as well. So far the cotton in the second trap has never shown visible signs of moisture. After filling three guns in a row at about 35% RH, I took the cotton out of the external water trap and checked for water in it and could not discern any moisture at all on the filter, which leads me to believe that the built in water trap is doing its job well. I drain the built in water trap it every 5-8 minutes during higher humidity days, and only after a 15 minute fill on dry days. It has been about 6 months now with no moisture ever showing up in the 2nd water trap.

1670039610044.png

Hooking up a huge water trap is pointless with this setup in my view. I tried one just as a test and it more than doubles the fill time for a 500 cc bottle, sometimes even taking 10+ times longer to fill smaller bottle / cylinder guns, with no added benefits that I can see. I routinely fill to 250 BAR in the field. I usually stop at about 4300-4350 PSI on my 4500 PSI gun. Taking it to 4500 PSI takes too long and the increase on shot count isn't that much.

If I had the L3, I would definitely want a 120V adapter for use at home and a 12v to 18v adapter if possible for when the batteries die in the field. I don't know if there is a 12v adapter available but have seen some who figured out how to use a 120v adapter to run it at home. Just can't find the link right now.

Last edited: