• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Experience and/or Opinions on the Sightron S-TAC 2.5-17.5 x 56

Friends,

If you have any experience with or thoughts on the Sightron S-TAC 2.5-17.5 x 56 (any model) I'd like to hear it. For reference, here's a link:

https://sightronusa.com/product/s-tac2-5-17-5x56irmoatt/

Functionally, the scope meets nearly all of what I'm looking for:

• AO and parallax down to 10 meters, side focus
  • Decent magnification range
  • Illuminated reticle
  • Hunting / covered turrets
  • Glass quality at least as good as the Sightron SII Big Sky line. I'm currently not sure about the S-TAC glass.

For background, I have a Sightron SII 4-16x42 Big Sky (discontinued) which I really like. I'm just looking to add some additional features as described above.

Thanks,

I have the S-Tac and it is one of favorite scopes of the 8 I have. The only thing I like better is my bencrest Sightron 10-50x60. The S-TAC is a great scope though. I have it on my Crown .25 and it is very accurate. I like it that I can crank the magnification all the way up and it is still clear. 

Now I did buy a Bushnell Engage at just 16 oz and put it on my Wildcat .177. Perfect balance for that gun.

(Shout out to CenterCut for the tip on that Bushy.)

Crusher

Reactions: jp_over
I have a Sightron S TAC 3-16×42 on my Walther LGV 12 fpe springer absolutely love the scope, outstanding charity and holds zero. I use this springer for target shooting only so I wanted a reliable clear scope I could look through all day, the S TAC delivers. I did add a side wheel to make it easier to focus, the small side wheel is too touchy for fine adjustments. I think you would be happy with any of the S TAC scopes, I hate bad glass for the price these scopes are hard to beat. I had a SWFA 16X on this springer, sold it and UPGRADED to the Sightron twice the scope.

Reactions: jp_over
I have a Sightron S TAC 3-16×42 on my Walther LGV 12 fpe springer absolutely love the scope, outstanding charity and holds zero. I use this springer for target shooting only so I wanted a reliable clear scope I could look through all day, the S TAC delivers. I did add a side wheel to make it easier to focus, the small side wheel is too touchy for fine adjustments. I think you would be happy with any of the S TAC scopes, I hate bad glass for the price these scopes are hard to beat. I had a SWFA 16X on this springer, sold it and UPGRADED to the Sightron twice the scope.

I have a S Tac 5-20X50 that I plan to us on my HW97 for use in FT this summer. I also love this scope but my winter shooting has been all fixed distance targets and I wonder if you've determined how well it ranges? Also, how well do you think it will hold up over time on a springer? Uj