Expensive oring

So went to replace the gauge that stopped working on my Yong heng. Put new gauge on, put test plug in on the second filter and fired it up. Got up to about 3000 and then bang and it looses pressure. Started checking connections and couldn’t find a leak. Finally figured out the burst disk blew and replaced the disk. Fired compressor back up and no pressure. So I fooled around with it for a couple of nights and couldn’t figure out where the leak was. Finally gave up and just ordered a new one since this one is over 5 years old. Got the new compressor yesterday filled with oil, ran it for 10 minutes under no pressure. Then put test plug in and fire it up… NO PRESSURE! What the……… Started checking all connections again. Don t see anything. Happen to take the test plug out and……. Torn oring comes out with the test plug.. Replace oring and guess what, it builds pressure. So just to check reconnect old compressor and it builds pressure. Boy did I feel like a fool. That oring turned out to be expensive. Top it all off I had put the batteries from the temp gauge on old compressor in new compressor. Picked up new batteries today. Went to put new batteries in temp gauge on new compressor. When popping out the gauge doesn’t it all fall apart and fall inside the new compressor. Took the cover off and got all the pieces out but now its not working so I have to order another temp gauge. I had a few days of bad luck with these things. Maybe I was just rushing.. Trying to get things done since I’m going to be out of commission for a month or so due to a medical procedure I’m having next week.

Red,
Same happened to me. YH stopped building pressure so pulled top section after replacing what I thought was a blown burst disc. Ended up just a bad quick-disconnect "O" ring. Cost me new gasket and SS line. (Temporary re-bonding of SS line with JB Weld still holding so keeping new SS line as spare.) Appreciated the learning experience and how easy to find inexpensive YH repair parts. Bought bag of QD "O" rings, Delrin washers and burst discs, too. Now, when slow to pressurize, plug in deadhead, re-pressure and spray bottle of soapy water all around. WM

Yeah this was a lesson learned. Never thought that fitting was the culprit. Hadn’t touched it when replacing the gauge or the burst disk.
Same here, replaced a few others since, they just seem to shred to pieces, same as end cap
"O" rings on M50 molecular sieve, guess the flexing of pressure and release does it. Lesson learned, for sure. WM

I have also two YH about 65 hrs combined over some years, but noticed earlier in summer the vibration meter not advancing, I could not figure how to change the battery on that on yet.
What I learned that I will not start any surgeries if I don't prepare a six pack for emergency ;)
Last time the YH was running I noticed the fill was taking much slower, touch the lower - low pressure - transfer tube and it wasn't even warm ... only the high pressure piston was working, that tube was burning the skin.
Was busy for several weeks, maybe next weekend I buy a six pack again.