Expect UPS shipping to get even worse

UPS is up to it's old tricks. I've been a daily pickup with UPS for 20+ years. Shipped an item to a member here on Tuesday. Driver picked it up before noon. Buyer PM's me Wednesday and tell me the tracking # only shows "Label created" and asks when I'm going to give the package to UPS. Called the 800# in the Phillipines, same info as online. I called my local facility and asked them to look for the package. I get a call like 5 minutes later. They found the package sitting on the conveyor. They said it "didn't make it on the truck last night". I asked them to at least scan it so it would show in the system. The driver is supposed to scan it when he picks up. He may have and UPS put the scanner in bypass mode. After a second call, they finally did scan it, so at least it shows I shipped the package and they have it.

After further research, I found this:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/feb/26/ups-part-time-workers-pay-cuts

So, a bunch of workers left, and those that remain are overwhelmed or staging an unofficial work slowdown. Who can blame them? The old 3 day Ground service is now 6-8 days, and all service guarantees have been suspended:

https://www.ups.com/us/en/support/shipping-support/legal-terms-conditions/ups-service-guarantee.page

Please allow additional shipping time and be understanding before blaming the shipper.

I'm waiting on a DonnyFL Tanto shipped by UPS yesterday. Their system says it will arrive tomorrow. I hope it shows up.

I've occasionally had trouble with them. Once I had a package make it onto the truck that they did not deliver. I wanted to just pick it up but they wouldn't take it off the truck. I think it took 2 days for them to get it off the truck so I could pick it up. But most of the time, I get good service.

Over 2000 shipments with only one problem ...It must be a location problem or not a good postman.

I certainly know I may be lucky, not...What I do know is that many people do have shipping problems and

that can be very frustrating.UPS Used to be good, , Federal Express has gotten and DHL kicks butt.

Still have faith in my USPS guys and service....I think it is because my area has many good workers in that service and also in the Healthcare field, they are diligent and reliable workers.

In San Diego, the UPS drivers sometimes, when they are running late, scan the item as delivered, then don't actually deliver the item until the next day. This only has happened twice with me, but it happens with USPS all the time...

This one drives me insane. Happens during holiday shopping season since Amazon pretty much keeps the post office in business. 

I'm lucky that FedEx in my area is pretty reliable and same with UPS. (Keeping fingers crossed is stays this way)

last thursday, my ex wife needed a very small package sent , said ups it overnight, it was less than 1/2 lb was about 6''x 8'' cost $ 95.37 was supposed to be there next day =friday , didn't get there = north las vegas from illinois till monday = 5 days, had to file a claim for refund, that is my worst experiance with UPS , which i actually prefer as a shipper , i hate fedx .. usps is usually ok.

I live in a medium size town . At least once or twice a year my mailman goes on vacation. At that time no-one in my subdivision gets any mail. I have contacted the post office and was told they are short handed ,ya right!

Most of the time a package on UPS will start in a town far west of me and go to a HUb in the far east of me before coming right back down the same road it past me by the first time.

If a package starts in the far east it will come right by me to a Hub in the west then come back to me down the same road it past me in first place ????????

I call Amazon to complain about not getting 2 day shipping anymore and they just ignored me... What are you going to done?

I dropped my Amazon prime earlier this year. They quietly changed the wording on their 2 day shipping to read 2 days "from the day of shipping", so if it takes them 4 days to ship it, then it will get there in 6 days. Others still see value in the music/movies. I wouldn't listen or watch any of the garbage being produced today, and have not in over 30 years, so it is worthless to me.