• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Expect UPS shipping to get even worse

Shipping from damn near everybody buy USPS has left a lot to be desired. 

Yesterday, I got a package from PyramydAir shipped via FedEx with my FX Maverick that clearly needed to be signed for. They just set my $1500 gun on the porch and left! They didn't even ring my Ring doorbell. Now what would have happened if someone decided to help themselves to my airgun? I'm just glad that I was home that day.

USPS is not the only shipping outfit 'employing' the signature-required BS estarky7 describes above.

FedEx drivers now sign for such delivered packages themselves, always illegibly, to avoid any accountability for packages gone missing. 

Since cussing-out my UPS driver a few months ago, he now leaves all packages at my driveway entrance 200 yards from my house; the packages easily visible from the (busy) road, but not visible from the house. Makes me wish I'd kicked his UPS ass months ago, rather than just cussing him out! 

It took me a couple of years and a very extreme and extremely volatile set of circumstances to arrive at a mutual understanding with UPS. Once the regular driver I had grown accustomed to dealing with for years left, I experienced a multitude of issues with various drivers. I called and spoke with various people claiming to be supervisors at the distribution center over the span of at least one year until one finally listened, held a driver accountable, and took effective action.

It had gotten to the point where I typed a letter to their corporate office that I’m thankful I did not have to mail. Now the new regular driver and I have a clear understanding and few issues other than an occasional mistake. Things happen and sometimes it’s like trying to bail water out of a boat during a hurricane to get some cooperation, but persistence pays more often than not. I just hate having to pester other people to get them to do what’s required of them, but sometimes they leave you with few other options. 

Wow, I get bad service in my area with Fed Ex. Ordered two Impact M3's from Pyramyd Air on two separate occasions. These airgun packages required a signature for each package. Fed Ex just drops my two Impact M3's off on different days and the driver signs for it.

There was a long period of time due to Covid that fedex suspended the requirement for signatures even if the shipper chose it.