Excellent Service from Target Forge for GX pumps!!

Hey y'all, I have to take a moment and brag about a really excellent dude who stepped up and made a huge difference for me.

First off, Bill from Target Forge is a great asset for the Airgun community. He has put in many hours dedicated to the Young Heng pumps and has now begun to explore the GX brand of PCP air compressors. His reports so far are very positive. In one of his videos, he mentioned that he was in talks with GX to become a parts vendor and service advisor for the brand.

Shortly thereafter, my Xisico branded pump made by GX, blew a circuit board. I contacted Bill via email to ask about the availability of replacement parts. Bill called me on the phone to get a better idea of what I thought was the problem. He helped me diagnose the issue and offered to special order a new board. I was very impressed with the attention Bill lavished on me. He is a top notch fellow 😁

I am happy to announce that my pump is back in operation with all the controls and features, once again. Target Forge is on my list of top recommendations.

Well he had a great video on GX C2 compressor I posted about in another post. It was sent to him to review. He tore it
down an gave some great points about them. The man knows his stuff for sure. I hope he can lock down getting
parts for those compressors. That is the only thing holding me back on buying one. I e- mailed him today to see
if they have got parts for those compressors. I have not heard anything back yet.

Fly

Well he had a great video on GX C2 compressor I posted about in another post. It was sent to him to review. He tore it
down an gave some great points about them. The man knows his stuff for sure. I hope he can lock down getting
parts for those compressors. That is the only thing holding me back on buying one. I e- mailed him today to see
if they have got parts for those compressors. I have not heard anything back yet.

Fly

He is also on here as Target Forge. I sent a PM the other day and got a quick response.

He is also on Airgun Geeks which I enjoy.

Hey y'all, I have to take a moment and brag about a really excellent dude who stepped up and made a huge difference for me.

First off, Bill from Target Forge is a great asset for the Airgun community. He has put in many hours dedicated to the Young Heng pumps and has now begun to explore the GX brand of PCP air compressors. His reports so far are very positive. In one of his videos, he mentioned that he was in talks with GX to become a parts vendor and service advisor for the brand.

Shortly thereafter, my Xisico branded pump made by GX, blew a circuit board. I contacted Bill via email to ask about the availability of replacement parts. Bill called me on the phone to get a better idea of what I thought was the problem. He helped me diagnose the issue and offered to special order a new board. I was very impressed with the attention Bill lavished on me. He is a top notch fellow 😁

I am happy to announce that my pump is back in operation with all the controls and features, once again. Target Forge is on my list of top recommendations.
Did you diagnose why the ckt board fried in the first place?
1. Did you forget to bleed off the pressure and attempt to start the pump with pressure in the lines?
2. Did your pump stop mid cycle and fry the board, this can result from the wrist-pin clip coming loose and jamming up the piston in the cylinder.
3. If the wires on your breaker are loose, which is the case with alot of pumps, it can cause varying RPM's while running and the pump will shut down intermittently before reaching pressure, this can also result smoking the board if you attempt to start the pump too many times with a loose breaker connection, depending on the unit, the breaker can be a large on/off switch located on the lower front of the unit (not stop/start).

Reactions: JimNM
I welcome your questions. Thank you for looking over what I posted and double checking the process.

In my short time with the HPA pumps, I have killed two from starting against pressure in the line. I learned the hard way. Benjamin replaced the first one and I ate the cost of the second one. I have since mended my ways and never start any pump against a closed output valve

My third HPA pump was the CS3. I was running a bit hot on the input voltage, coming off a lab power supply at 14.9 volts. The unit was in my garage, on a day at about 110 degrees. I smelled the sickly sweet smell of hot epoxy after a morning of shoot and pump and shoot and pump. I left the pump turned ON with just the fans in operation for an hour or so while I puttered around. When I went to use it again, there was no response to the power button and the green light would not turn on.

I found that the board had a burned trace. I removed the duty wires (fat ones) from the relay block and direct shorted them. The motor ran and I pumped my guns with the hotwired contraption. This worked for me until I got the new board. RnR and the pump is running like new.

Good info on the wrist pin. It's time for a tear down and inspection. I will inspect carefully.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Hey guys just wanted to give an update on target forge website. He has since shut down the online parts and shop for his website. It's been down a few weeks now that I know of, with no word if it will return. This sucks as I feel he was the best place to get parts for the GX pumps. Anys ways keep shooting and have fun!
Screenshot_20221016_214228_Edge.jpg