• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Excellent barrel bore scope video from Matt!

i've had a teslong endoscope for quite a while (for firearms) and they are not very expensive.

here is a picture of the inside of a leshiy 2 barrel if that sort of thing interests you. i don't know how to tell who made it.

leshbarrelCapture.1629310555.JPG

i've had a teslong endoscope for quite a while (for firearms) and they are not very expensive.

here is a picture of the inside of a leshiy 2 barrel if that sort of thing interests you. i don't know how to tell who made it.

leshbarrelCapture.1629310555.JPG

WOW! The L2 barrel looks really good! I’m guessing that’s alpha precision because LW usually looks a little different. LW barrels if I remember correctly have wider lands. 

Edit: on second thought maybe it is a LW barrel.😅

Interesting and informative video. 

I'm not sure just how Daystate is copying FX with their A.R.T. barrels, since LW Poly barrels have been around for much longer than the FX STX liners? And also the comment about the Delta Wolf could have been left off - all Tactical form factor bottle guns look about the same.... 

I do appreciate all the videos that Matt does and it helps all of us understand our airguns. The political statements don't really need to be included IMHO. When FX comes up with an electronically controlled airgun (and they will, probably sooner than later, you can't stop evolution), it would be nice for Daystate not to rub it in with a "copy" statements...

I do agree the copy comment didn’t add any value to the video but it is his opinion and he is entitled to it. Polygon barrels been around for centuries so nothing new, not really sure why they call it ART barrel vs just polygon, probably just different numbers of lands and radial profiles. 

Traditionally polygon barrel has 6 or 8 lands but FX started using 5 lands and ART appears to be using 5 lands also, maybe why Matt thinks daystate is copying FX? R5 or odd number of lands been around for a long time so don’t see a big deal there either, immigration is the greatest form flattery anyways.

Lol he could have just said he's on FXs payroll so that's why he won't have a Daystate. The copying thing is getting old. I see he has a Power Plenum on his gun. Funny how FX did that after others were doing those on other guns and copying. Also other people like Michal Osyda (could have butchered that spelling) who made them first then FX copied. The hypocrisy is too funny.

Will be a shame when FX makes an electronic or hammerless firing system. He's gonna have to either cut ties with FX or suck up his pride and take back what he said about copying.

I can’t help myself but their is so many professionals on this forum that could correct Matt in so many ways about barrels and manufacturing, I will just say why in the world would you put a bore scope down a barrel with loaded rounds in a magazine inserted into the action? 

My thoughts as well! Far from being safe in the slightest! Especially being shown on YouTube to almost half a million subscribers plus whoever will see it that isn't subscribed.

I can’t help myself but their is so many professionals on this forum that could correct Matt in so many ways about barrels and manufacturing, I will just say why in the world would you put a bore scope down a barrel with loaded rounds in a magazine inserted into the action? 

My thoughts as well! Far from being safe in the slightest! Especially being shown on YouTube to almost half a million subscribers plus whoever will see it that isn't subscribed.

Probably another check to cash for plugging them into his video.

Saw the loaded mag and also went WTF? Who store their gun with ammo in it? Far from being safe! Good thing he doesn’t have kids and I certain don’t want to be his neighbor. 😅

I’m interested to see how the new carbon tensioner will work, wonder if that’s reserved for M4? They can easily modify the barrel system so it is anchored from the rear or TP area and ditch the scrub screw. 

Interesting and informative video. 

I'm not sure just how Daystate is copying FX with their A.R.T. barrels, since LW Poly barrels have been around for much longer than the FX STX liners? And also the comment about the Delta Wolf could have been left off - all Tactical form factor bottle guns look about the same.... 

I do appreciate all the videos that Matt does and it helps all of us understand our airguns. The political statements don't really need to be included IMHO. When FX comes up with an electronically controlled airgun (and they will, probably sooner than later, you can't stop evolution), it would be nice for Daystate not to rub it in with a "copy" statements...

Totally agree.

I know a retired man who has tried dozens and dozens of pcp weapons. He likes to shoot far and seeks maximum precision.

What he does is, for example, buy 5 Kalibr cricket .22 and 5 caliber .25 and try them for a few days and keep the more accurate and consistent barrel. Buy 5 Fx Wildcat .22 and 5 .25. Buy 5 Edgun .22 and .25. Buy 5 AGN Vulcan .22 and .25.

And he keeps the ones with an exceptional barrel, the others he sells. I have spoken with him a lot and he tells me about barrels, that all brands can have exceptional barrels and that he is not a fan of any of them, he just takes the best.

He tells me that a barrel made in the same factory, on the same day, by the same machine controlled by the same operator can turn out good and another made under the same circumstances on the same day can turn out exceptional.

You currently have about 30 pcp's that are exceptionally accurate and you've selected them for years. Among them Edgun R5m, AGN Vulcan, Kaliber cricket and Argus, rti Priest, Fx Wildcat Mk1, Fx Bobcat ... All in .22 and .25 caliber. The .30 doesn't like it. Another important thing that he tells me, but that many of us know, is to test different batches of ammunition.

He has invited me to go to his property and try his weapons when I can, the bad thing is that I will fall in love with one and I will return with a new toy and an empty wallet.

Not trying to start anything but I went back and watched the vid again. Matt did not say a word about the ART barrel being a copy. He said the Delta Wolf was trying to copy. Something I have seen many here say. 

The tensioned barrel was used in the JSAR long before the barrels being done in by the FX improvements. I have been shooting tensioned barrels for years! And I don'' own an FX. Wish I did.

Oddly enough, I added a tensioning system to my Uragan and the accuracy went out the window.

I also designed a barrel harmonics system that is working for slug shooters. It is now being tested by several firearms manufacturers. It was written about on the GTA extensively and is called the M.A.D. device.

I didn't name it, members there did. I was told that it stood for Mike's Airgun Device. I took that as an honor. 

the dampening device that FX is coming out with is a fairly good copy of a firearm barrel dampening device first used by Browning known as the Boss system and later much improved by a well known Long range shooter who has brought it to market. UP North Airgunner if I'm not mistaken got with him on the design. It's the way evolution works. You go with new ideas and what works or you fall by the wayside.

Seems copying is typical in the Arms world. PB or Powder.