Exceeded my expectations!

Been competing with a HW97 and FX Dreamline for a few years. Always wanted a TX200 as I live in TX :) well Pyramyd Air has them available so I recieved one today. Checked it out, broke it in a bit, scoped with an 8-32×56 Hawke and wow. In stock form it is very impressive (only negative being trigger sideways slop)
20210801_210940.1627874096.jpg
. I am going to run it in stock form in a couple of FT matches to get a baseline compared to my tuned HW. Very impressed on day 1.

Reactions: BZO100
That is a beautiful rifle. 
Will admit I have no experience with that gun or it’s trigger system. But, when I used to work on powder burners with sloppy triggers such as the Marlin 336 and Ruger 10/22. I made shims to help reduce sideways slop and it helped a lot. Sometimes but not always it even eliminates the need for Expensive aftermarket trigger. So if your a DIY type of guy. I’d recommend trying this out. 
Good luck. 

Been competing with a HW97 and FX Dreamline for a few years. Always wanted a TX200 as I live in TX :) well Pyramyd Air has them available so I recieved one today. Checked it out, broke it in a bit, scoped with an 8-32×57 Hawke and wow. In stock form it is very impressive (only negative being trigger sideways slop)
20210801_210940.1627874096.jpg
. I am going to run it in stock form in a couple of FT matches to get a baseline compared to my tuned HW. Very impressed on day 1.

Dear Solo,

I have HWs and a D54 with other types of air rifles and "trigger side to side" movement I always noticed and wondered about.

However, many of my "sloppier" triggers in this instance didn't affect performance or accuracy. I say forget about the side/side movement because it allows you better feel on the release point of the trigger. If the trigger is solidly "narrow" instead of "sloppily" wide the trigger may snag on the narrowing surfaces upon it!

Kindly,

Gonzav71,

Yes, I have been eyeing the Rowan Engineering trigger all day. Do I have to order from their UK site or is there a US dealer that can ship locally? Adjusted the stock trigger using all 3 adjustments (took some doing) but got it where I really like it (except the sideways slop). Was wondering if the Rowan trigger might be sloppy too if the 200's housing is on the wider side of the tolerance spec or is the stock trigger on the narrower side I wonder. If latter then Rowan trigger will fix the slop. If former then would need to shim. Just want to comment that performance wise, stock is ok after adjustment but compared to HW97 trigger the slop is 3x and knowing myself, need do something about it :)

Gonzav71,

Yes, I have been eyeing the Rowan Engineering trigger all day. Do I have to order from their UK site or is there a US dealer that can ship locally? Adjusted the stock trigger using all 3 adjustments (took some doing) but got it where I really like it (except the sideways slop). Was wondering if the Rowan trigger might be sloppy too if the 200's housing is on the wider side of the tolerance spec or is the stock trigger on the narrower side I wonder. If latter then Rowan trigger will fix the slop. If former then would need to shim. Just want to comment that performance wise, stock is ok after adjustment but compared to HW97 trigger the slop is 3x and knowing myself, need do something about it :)

The OEM trigger on my TX200 had the side to side slop. It had an oversized hole for the mounting pin. That is why it had a noticeable sideways slop. The Rowan trigger fits snugly on the mounting pin and eliminates the sideways slop. I was forced to purchase the Rowan trigger because I wanted to compete with it in field target competition. The sloppy trigger was the only bad thing I experienced with mine.