Evol TAC30

Just got off the phone with Tom fro High Pressure Pneumatics up in Michigan and am now a new owner of a TAC30. First time for something over .22 cal. The anti was upped at a place I've been pesting at and they said nothing would make them happier than getting rid of some coyotes. Hence, the .30. From talking to some of the locals I've been told that the coyote is one clever animal. Very illusive. This will be interesting to see how it plays out. It's close to a 100 acre parcel with 80% of it being woods. All rolling, walkable hills. Looking forward to this.

But, back to Tom. Very nice gentleman to do business with. Knowledgeable, down to earth person. Said he was going full time into the business in March. He admitted he was a little nervous. I think he'll be just fine. Has a good solid background into all of this. I do remember someone or two giving him thumbs up here. Now I'll second it. Said he would have it shipped out on Monday after testing.

Can't wait. But I have to say that if the FX had come in I most likely would have just got a .30 barrel kit for it. But after 7 months, enough is enough.

Thank you guys so much for the info. Like I said, coyotes are new game for me. The owner said he has a good idea of where their den is located. Also has 3 tree stands all ready in the area. They took down a button buck in his driveway last week which was 50 yards from the house. Then dragged it over the snow bank and had a meal. He said his dogs never even made a sound. He also said the chicken population is dropping. He doesn't want gun shots (powder) after dark. Also told me someone else he knows was coming in a couple of years ago with an air rifle and getting some at night. He said he and some problems with the guy so that ended that.

That 50 yard head shot is good info. But I just can't see them standing long enough for me to pull it off. It's gonna be a slow start for this adventure.

@Mrmetals Take a look at this thread. The original poster is in your state. He just killed one this morning. https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/now-it-is-personal-coyote-attacked-titus-when-colleen-took-him-out-side-today/?referrer=1
He’s a damn good shot and uses an Evol on yotes. I don’t know what your skillset and background is like, but this is a man to watch. I’ve seen some of his yote footage and I’ve learned from him. You may also want to look through some of his older hunting posts. 

Tom Is great guy and makes great guns I do own the Mini and his evol 30 cal , They are super accurate , mine just loves slugs 60 to 66 grains the gun is as durable as Edguns meaning they do not lose POI , this is what i like in a PCP , I just hate like slipping and dropping a gun to hear it leak out air grr , but with edguns and airarms EVOL no poi change ever , no flex like screwing on a moderator and having it droop , His barrel tensioning system is very well thought out

LOU