EVOL Regulator Inside Look ( Reg Creep explained)

Last week I had the privilege to visit the American Air Arms factory where Tom did a rebuild on my EVOL standard in .22 caliber. I had him show his own regulator, explain its function and discuss regulator creep in a basic way. Hopefully this will help explain what goes on inside and why some regulators can get creep, and what can be done to remedy the problem.

Snapshot_155.1650992210.png

Snapshot_156.1650992275.png

Snapshot_157.1650992290.png

Snapshot_158.1650992301.png

https://youtu.be/2ODbpIL6rzs

We need more videos with Tom Costan! Before watching the last two videos with Tom, I believed AAA guns were overpriced. After watching these 2 vids with Tom I can see why they fetch the price they do. The moderator having threads as large as the shroud instead of rinky dink 1/2” unf. The regulator having pre polished washers, and a tapered seat for durability and longevity. Barrel threaded into the receiver for superior rigidity. I know I’m missing some other features but these are what stood out to me in your videos. I also like that AAA is a company that makes no frills guns and isn’t trying to upsell the customer with a never ending aftermarket parts that keep you in a vicious cycle of constantly tuning your rifle. A true hunting rifle. Thanks for bring this to the light Dana. 

Best airguns on the market. This reg is super efficient & precise. I produced a shot string with a .30 Evol Magnon with a 1.7 fps standard deviation and an extreme spread of 6 fps! 

Price tags on these rigs is actually fair. You really can't compare anything else to an American Air Arms product. Believe it or choose not to, the reality of an absolute doesn't waver!