• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Evol mini owners chime in

You're welcome. The female quick disconnect that Joe Brancato (TopGun-Airguns) supplies with their hoses are made by Foster MFG Co in the US.

Aha! I thought Foster was a connector spec, I didn't realize it is a brand name. I think I'm just going to get one of those TopAir FQD-FQD fill whips and be done with it. :)

Reactions: Peskådot671
Is a special foster female end needed to fill?? The cutout around the fill port on the evol is too narrow for my compressor's fill whip foster collar to fit! Am I missing something? There is no manual and I'm not seeing any related info online..
When those foster collars are machined with the knurled finish they will "expand" the diameter, which does not allow them to fit the standard sized hole. I've had them not fit on both the Evol and Impact. To remedy it at first, I took a flat file and rounded the tips of the knurling down so the fitting would go into the machined hole. Then, when I bought the inch long foster fittings for ease of use I found that they fit well within the access hole.

Reactions: kelly1
Is a special foster female end needed to fill?? The cutout around the fill port on the evol is too narrow for my compressor's fill whip foster collar to fit! Am I missing something? There is no manual and I'm not seeing any related info online..

Many companies have taken liberties with their interpretation of the "Foster" fittings. I've seen huge variations in dimensions on the male fittings as well as the females.

Most quality fittings whether they be Foster branded or others that are intended for hydraulic applications seem to work and have a standardized diameter. Fittings from Joe Brancato and Air Tanks Plus fit this description. Fittings included with import compressors may not. Also, no part of the QD system will be made of brass if you stick to actual foster or Parker fittings.

Well the EVOL arrived today and I am beyond happy with it. Shooting right around 42 fpe ootb with JSB 25gr. Sending the 20.2 NSA @ 930 fps.
Reg seems to be just a touch under 2000psi and with a 4000psi fill I'm getting 4 mags worth.
The trigger is sublime as expected.
Sound wise it's got some pop, but much quieter than the EVOL mini I had a while back which was pre STO insert. For its size the STO insert does an excellent job.
A little disappointed with the DonnyFL adapter. With the adapter on I tried a variety of different moderators and without fail the shots spread out a bit. IMO the DFL adapter should have an air stripper cone to redirect the air back into the shroud rather than just an empty space with a flat end.

Mine shipped with reg just under 2000 psi also and I’m getting right around 2 1/2 mags on reg from a 4000 psi fill... any ideas what’s up?

Last edited:
A bit longer than expected to take some photos, but I've been shooting it nearly everyday I get the chance. Came shooting around 40fpe and I've dropped that down to ~36fpe shooting the H&N 21gr 5.50mm @ 880-900fps and the JSB 25.4gr Redesign @ ~800 fps. A laser so far with both.

The STO insert is extremely effective and while I would not call this EVOL loud, it is too much for my back yard shooting. I should be able to get some indoor to outdoor shooting in over the winter though while no neighbors are outside and their windows are closed.

EVOL 15 22 - 1.jpeg

EVOL 15 22 - 2.jpeg

EVOL 15 22 - 3.jpeg

EVOL 15 22 - 4.jpeg

Thank you - I did purchase the PRS as an aftermarket addition along with the Ergo grip. That new March scope - had read about it in some other threads - is really stellar.

That's a great idea on the moderator. Had never thought of that as I didn't realize the 18" had a longer one. I'm okay with another 1.5". Will reach out to Tom and see if he has an extra one to purchase. I've tried it with the DonnyFL and some other mods and they do help, but accuracy does suffer - more so on slugs than pellets.

Someone posted up a left handed walnut stock Paradigm in another thread. What a beauty. Maybe someday if I have more property and I can shoot outdoors regularly.

That shot count is right on par with my taipan .22 compact and caiman .22 , I think it shows that airguns have become more and more efficient, I would not be worried about buying any new tube gun.

I really love the evol and what ive read about it I just need to hustle more to spring the coin to buy one!

Last edited:
Reactions: madeintheuk
Stopped by AoA yesterday to pick up the EvoL tools I did not have. Talked to them about their trade in program. Had a compatto and a vulcan 1 that I almost never shot anymore. Also had a Lelya and a Leshiy I was open to putting down towards the purchase of a mini. I did shoot the Eds often but both of them have given me some headaches a few times. Nothing major, but got on my nerves every time I had to take one apart to fix a leak or replace a valve in the Lelyas case. Not that it was hard but its something I found I was doing far more then I wanted to. Already having 2 other EvoLs I knew these things were truly amazing works of art and built like tanks. Ended up getting a Mini. No regrets.