Evol mini owners chime in

@ctshooter Not sure how much the moderator design differs between the Evol .30 and the Mini, but in the thread below Dana provides and explanation concerning the Evol’s shroud and moderator system design and how using a Donny FL adapter disrupts this design. See posts #21-#23 https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/american-air-arms-30-evol.1270284/page-2#post-1291436

What’s the STO insert?
I read through what Dana says and completely agree. I have the moderator from my recently received Slayer and it has the cone system in it. I have take a section of that as the first step so that it gets the air stripping and utilizes the shroud space, then the Donny FL and then a moderator.

Going to test this a bit more now that I've turned the HS down just a touch. Still getting 915-920 with NSA 20.2gr so not concerned about speed there.

i don't own one but a few months back i was at Baker Airguns to pick up a compressor and see the place... in conversation the Evol mini was brought up and they happened to just have one.. they just received it... it was their first one and wasn't even shot or tested by them yet... they were kind enough to show it and allow me to handle it... from that day to this very day i've wanted one... the build quality is outstanding!!! yes i will own one.. no doubt.

I've got the Huma M40 on mine. MUCH quieter than the factory plastic insert.

As I was "detuning" mine, I found that it took four or five (as I recall) full turns to drop the hammer tension enough to drop only about 50fps.

Now I'm thinking that 2000psi is a lot for only about 800 fps. But I have no idea how many turns to make to lower the regulator to about 1450 (100 bar). 2000psi sees high and somewhat inefficient for the low output pressure. My other guns work well at 90 to 100 bar and 800fps.
I don't want to take it apart, adjust, test, take it apart, adjust, test...!
Maybe a call to the Guys at American Air Arms might have an idea .

Mike

i don't own one but a few months back i was at Baker Airguns to pick up a compressor and see the place... in conversation the Evol mini was brought up and they happened to just have one.. they just received it... it was their first one and wasn't even shot or tested by them yet... they were kind enough to show it and allow me to handle it... from that day to this very day i've wanted one... the build quality is outstanding!!! yes i will own one.. no doubt.
I have a similar story Jason … I went to Baker’s a few days ago to look at the mini they had listed on their website as “in stock and ready to ship”. Upon arriving I ask to see it but unfortunately (for me) they sold it last week to one of the (fortunate) folks contributing on this thread.

I’m pretty certain he is thoroughly enjoying it 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: Jasonmc
Have the .30 and the .22 Mini. Absolutely love them, and the build quality is second to none In my book.

5FD58D49-CC0E-47D4-BA51-501E70AF6C2A.jpeg

4542DC43-A8FF-43E0-8D6A-3BC6E11011F4.jpeg

62E2539E-CC38-4071-8E7C-9ABB03B1506C.jpeg

631149E3-488B-4616-944D-61953A3AA02A.jpeg

Reactions: Peskådot671
Yeah, I think between the stiff spring, and the short cocking handle I could understand that. Definitely not a deal breaker though.

I think my only gripe with the mini is the tiny air tube. They’re saying .30 full power shots, which isn’t horrible, just not used to that after having mostly bottle guns.
That kind of gun is designed to be mainly a short, easy carry Hunter and 30 shots is more then enough,....if looking for a bench gun to have tons of shots on tap then definitely look somere else.

My 15” was delivered today. I didn’t have a chance to shoot it yet, but first impressions are good. I was really torn on getting the mini vs 15 but opted for the 15 for the better performance. So far I’m happy with my choice. It still feels very light weight and compact for what it is.

The scope is on loan from my L2 until I decide what I want to do with it. 😊

9A8B8D56-D723-4A14-8487-8BA217E91D7F.jpeg

Is a special foster female end needed to fill?? The cutout around the fill port on the evol is too narrow for my compressor's fill whip foster collar to fit! Am I missing something? There is no manual and I'm not seeing any related info online..
@peebrainz Can you post a photo of the male fitting on the gun?

Thank you @Peskådot671!! Now the search for 16.35 female foster fitting begins.

I thought foster fittings were supposed to be standard? Nothing can be easy..
You're welcome. The female quick disconnect that Joe Brancato (TopGun-Airguns) supplies with their hoses are made by Foster MFG Co in the US.

I thought foster fittings were supposed to be standard? Nothing can be easy..
One would think that the internals of female couplings and externals of male fittings should be to some sort of generic spec. However, I have coupling externals of several different sizes as well as their O-rings differ in in sizes as well. With probably just enough variation to skirt patent infringement lawsuits?

Reactions: peebrainz