• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Evol mini and some scientific shooting done today.

• Love
Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Certainly don't want to derail the OP's thread, but since you asked....yes. For a person looking for a compact hunter. It very much feels like AAA got their idea and design from somewhere, too.

View attachment 357924

View attachment 357925

View attachment 357965
The Evol Mini was actually a concept March of 2018 and the Dream Tact compact earliest video is Aug 2019 from Matt Dubber which he's usually first to put out on a new platform. So maybe FX took an idea from AAA? Or they could simply both wanted to make a compact AR style gun and didn't take anything from each other as well.

Screenshot_20230520_194523_Chrome.jpg

But yeah if you want to think the FX is just SOOO much better go drink your kool-aid buddy lol. Anyone whose owned the Mini would choose it over the FX I'd say 99%. Vastly superior build quality. Also if you want to go length it's 34" on the FX with no sound moderation so add a minimum of 4" for an LDC before you get your comparable gun.

The Evol Mini was actually a concept March of 2018 and the Dream Tact compact earliest video is Aug 2019 from Matt Dubber which he's usually first to put out on a new platform. So maybe FX took an idea from AAA? Or they could simply both wanted to make a compact AR style gun and didn't take anything from each other as well.

But yeah if you want to think the FX is just SOOO much better go drink your kool-aid buddy lol. Anyone whose owned the Mini would choose it over the FX I'd say 99%. Vastly superior build quality. Also if you want to go length it's 34" on the FX with no sound moderation so add a minimum of 4" for an LDC before you get your comparable gun.

False. The FX is 30.2" to the end of the shroud. I just measured mine.

And the kool-aid bit is such a stale non-argument.

False. The FX is 30.2" to the end of the shroud. I just measured mine.

And the kool-aid bit is such a stale non-argument.
Ok well you said 34" and so does every other FX info ad on it so they should change that info as they don't come with an LDC. Unless you pay for the DFL upgrade.

Well you gotta be drinking something to feel the need to come into the Evol thread to talk about how theyre so lacking compared to your Dreamtac compact. Your not gonna convince any of us that actually own these guns and have owned so many others and understand just how different these guns stand out in build quality compared to all the other ones. Thats why quite a few people are buying multiple. There expensive but well worth the price.

Ok well you said 34" and so does every other FX info ad on it so they should change that info as they don't come with an LDC. Unless you pay for the DFL upgrade.

Well you gotta be drinking something to feel the need to come into the Evol thread to talk about how theyre so lacking compared to your Dreamtac compact. Your not gonna convince any of us that actually own these guns and have owned so many others and understand just how different these guns stand out in build quality compared to all the other ones. Thats why quite a few people are buying multiple. There expensive but well worth the price.
He did do a pretty good job of trolling this thread.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
All things considered, I do not hate the dreamline platform.

The dreamline, atomic xr, or panthera hunter .177 are considerations for a future rat setup to run mostly off my tripod. The huben did good but its one huge short coming during ratting was not being able to slap a mag in.

I'd love another mini for a rat gun too to just leave the thermal mounted but my bank account says otherwise.

Last edited:
@Dairyboy and @Airgun-hobbyist, comparisons are legit, as we all have our favorites… In this case it was a no contest comparison. The Evol Mini, for the win.
And I agree with that. I'm fine with comparisons but trying to throw shade on the Evol mini acting like Tom stole the idea from the Dreamtac compact is just too much. It's a common belief among some that I've seen too many times that apparently FX is the only one that can come out with new guns or ideas and everyone else just copies. Happened with the RTI priest when it came out. But it was in development before the impact ever came out. Others can have ideas to, not just Fredrick.

With number 2 on the way for me shortly after acquiring this mini I can honestly say that a Paradigm will 100% be in my hands by 2024, end of story.
I'd love another one also. I thought about picking the one that you got honestly to tune it down for 12fpe shooting birds in our barns. But don't think I need a gun of that class for shooting under 20yds lol. I'd also love a 15" to tune for NSA 20.2s but the 2 areas I've done over 100yds shooting we lost as we lost our ground squirrels population a few years back due to a really late winter, bittersweet but we don't lose corn by the acres now which is nice. The other area is what we call our waste trees area where it was full of Russian olive trees but we've been working that down and clearing trees. So really the Mini can handle all my needs now. If I need more I have a tricked out Tikka T1X. 22lr that is an excellent shooter.

Last edited:
I'd love another one also. I thought about picking the one that you got honestly to tune it down for 12fpe shooting birds in our barns. But don't think I need a gun of that class for shooting under 20yds lol. I'd also love a 15" to tune for NSA 20.2s but the 2 areas I've done over 100yds shooting we lost as we lost our ground squirrels population a few years back due to a really late winter, bittersweet but we don't lose corn by the acres now which is nice. The other area is what we call our waste trees area where it was full of Russian olive trees but we've been working that down and clearing trees. So really the Mini can handle all my needs now. If I need more I have a tricked out Tikka T1X. 22lr that is an excellent shooter.
If you ever get your hands on an Atomic XR, you would see that it would complement your Mini quite nicely. A rugged, dependable build. Which can be dialed down via TP knob for indoor situations… Definitely able to withstand daily, around the farm use…

If you ever get your hands on an Atomic XR, you would see that it would complement your Mini quite nicely. A rugged, dependable build. Which can be dialed down via TP knob for indoor situations… Definitely able to withstand daily, around the farm use…
Oh I have been looking into one of those. AOA is out of stock last I checked. I'd only buy from them as it's only $1100 and if I were to go elsewhere more like $1500 minimum. Not sure I even want to spend $1100 on such a close range gun. For the mean time I'm going to be tuning my Evol for both uses.